Craigslist/eBay Bragging thread, pt. 2

pet fever detector wrote:Great score but B and B lugs have different hole spacing than beavertails. You are kinda stuck with spares and repairs unless the new Rogers drum company starts making kits with B and Bs that fit the old hole spacing.twelvepoint wrote:biscuitdough wrote:Apparently there are repros that look like the old B&Bs, fit the holes, and use modern construction:http://www.rogersdrumsusa.com/products/model-no-3917r/FM yard barf would want single sided lugs though, correct?Thanks for the tips, guys. It seems that people are having success at repairing old b and b lugs with cold welding compounds, so I'm gonna look into that.

Well, somebody got a deal, but it wasn't me.There was a 70's Rogers drum kit with cymbals and stands on craigslist for $50 at a church in the south suburbs. I called and asked if they'd hold them for me, and that I'd be there in an hour. Of course! They said. I gave my name and hopped in my car.I arrived and the old lady said, Oh, I just gave those away 10 minutes ago.Me: But you told me you'd hold them for me.Her: I figured the guy was you. He bought a few other things so I gave him the drums.Trying to laugh over here but it was a long drive.

bart favre wrote:Roland Juno-60 synth $20 at a suburban yard sale. I don't know shit about synths, but recognized the Juno from some old videos.Me:"Does this thing work still?"Dude: "It does!"Me: "How much?"Dude: "Ahh $20, but throw me an offer."I whip out a twenty, grab the keyboard and shuffle to the car before anyone realizes that they just been robbed. I think the dude didn't care that he could have easily listed it on ebay and sold it for good cash. Now, here I am sitting in a garage in that same suburb a few blocks away acting like I'm in Brainiac or something. I have no business owning this thing, but it is fun to mess around on. Here comes my obnoxious new side project.Let me know if you want to make DOUBLE what you paid for.