Craigslist/eBay Bragging thread, pt. 2

yard barf wrote:Grabbed a 2002 L4 in MINT condition with OHSC for $1500.1500 is a lot of bananas, but considering that used ones go for $2500 and up, flipping it should make a good payday for ol' yard barf.Plays and sounds great. I'll probably hold onto it for awhile and enjoy it. Seems a little too snazzy for my taste. What's that ridiculous wood shape, mounted on the already ridiculous tailpiece? Sheesh.Dude! Fuck yeah.

Grabbed a 2002 L4 in MINT condition with OHSC for $1500.1500 is a lot of bananas, but considering that used ones go for $2500 and up, flipping it should make a good payday for ol' yard barf.Plays and sounds great. I'll probably hold onto it for awhile and enjoy it. Seems a little too snazzy for my taste. What's that ridiculous wood shape, mounted on the already ridiculous tailpiece? Sheesh.

1962 Rogers Holiday kit for $75. 3-ply, Cleveland tags. Drums are in the round, bearing edges are immaculate. Missing bottom hoops and 4 lugs on the floor tom. 5 bread and butter lugs on the kick are cracked. I'm wondering whether to fix the broken ones and replace the missing ones, or just change over to beavertails since the B and B's are likely to crumble sooner than later.Also missing bass drum tension rods, spurs, tom arm and tom mount so I'll be on the lookout for replacements.I got these drums from a nice old guy who bought them new in the store when they came out in the '60s. His son is a drummer too but didn't want the kit. ???The bass drum wrap has a few cracks but they are hard to see. The kick drum inlay on one of the hoops is in 5 pieces so I'll be glueing it back together after I spray the hoops.I just bought a holiday kit and I've been creaming over it all month but I couldn't pass this up.

yard barf wrote:Missing bottom hoops and 4 lugs on the floor tom. 5 bread and butter lugs on the kick are cracked. I'm wondering whether to fix the broken ones and replace the missing ones, or just change over to beavertails since the B and B's are likely to crumble sooner than later. Great score but B and B lugs have different hole spacing than beavertails. You are kinda stuck with spares and repairs unless the new Rogers drum company starts making kits with B and Bs that fit the old hole spacing.