what're you buyin', what's on its way?

Also, I bought an SG! A '61 reissue. I went to Chicago Music Exchange on Father's Day (most dad move ever?) looking for a black LP custom with gold hardware and ended up playing a few unplugged chords on this thing on a whim and it SINGS. I don't remember ever even playing an SG but I really like it. Sounds phenomenal through my AC15. The neck position being kind out there (first fret is a reach) is different but I'm getting used to it. There are such mixed reviews of newer Gibsons but I tell you this guitar is really nice even at nose distance. It was also my first trip to CME and I was pretty impressed. The staff was nice, attentive and even knocked off a hundred when I asked which I wasn't really expecting.

wellbutrin wrote:Also, I bought an SG! A '61 reissue. I went to Chicago Music Exchange on Father's Day (most dad move ever?) looking for a black LP custom with gold hardware and ended up playing a few unplugged chords on this thing on a whim and it SINGS. I don't remember ever even playing an SG but I really like it. Sounds phenomenal through my AC15. The neck position being kind out there (first fret is a reach) is different but I'm getting used to it. There are such mixed reviews of newer Gibsons but I tell you this guitar is really nice even at nose distance. It was also my first trip to CME and I was pretty impressed. The staff was nice, attentive and even knocked off a hundred when I asked which I wasn't really expecting. While I'm no fan of current Gibson, that is a nice looking SG. Every time I see a classic SG it makes me want a P90 model.Ben

wellbutrin wrote:Also, I bought an SG! A '61 reissue. I went to Chicago Music Exchange on Father's Day (most dad move ever?) looking for a black LP custom with gold hardware and ended up playing a few unplugged chords on this thing on a whim and it SINGS. I don't remember ever even playing an SG but I really like it. Sounds phenomenal through my AC15. The neck position being kind out there (first fret is a reach) is different but I'm getting used to it. There are such mixed reviews of newer Gibsons but I tell you this guitar is really nice even at nose distance. It was also my first trip to CME and I was pretty impressed. The staff was nice, attentive and even knocked off a hundred when I asked which I wasn't really expecting. I am also in the market for an SG, I was thinking about one of these guys or just a regular standard. I hear the neck on the '61 is more tapered and skinnier vs a standard.

bassdriver wrote:went to pick up the Mesa Boogie bass amp yesterday. the amp has been serviced 5 years ago, including replacing the 12 (!!!!) output tubes. hasn t been used much ever since.it s a steal for 1000$. both cabs have EV speakers. the 2/10 is quite a back breaker, not sure if I want to schlepp that anywhere. Just wanted to follow that up again to say you're a greasy son of a bitch