what're you buyin', what's on its way?

154 wrote:Snowblinder wrote:Got a couple of Eminence Kappalite 3015 speakers being transferred to the Kenosha Music Go Round for me to replace the EVM15L/Delta Pro 15A combo in my Mesa Road Ready 2x15. Not that it doesn't sound amazing as-is, but I look forward to both shaving 40-ish pounds off of that cab AND being able to play in drop tunings at high volume through it without worrying as much about blowing a speaker.Let me know if you end up selling that Delta Pro, would totally buy.I will definitely let you know. I'm thinking I may put it into the Mesa 1x15 that Conan just bought, but if not it's yours.The 400 watt EVM will almost certainly be up for sale too.

154 wrote:Snowblinder wrote:Got a couple of Eminence Kappalite 3015 speakers being transferred to the Kenosha Music Go Round for me to replace the EVM15L/Delta Pro 15A combo in my Mesa Road Ready 2x15. Not that it doesn't sound amazing as-is, but I look forward to both shaving 40-ish pounds off of that cab AND being able to play in drop tunings at high volume through it without worrying as much about blowing a speaker.Let me know if you end up selling that Delta Pro, would totally buy.let me know how you like those kappalites

Snowblinder wrote:I'm also grabbing either a Squier Classic Vibe 70's Jazz Bass or a Squier Affinity P/J (just like the one I already own) to use as my drop C tuning Secret Friends bass until my EGC is back from being modded/repaired.So what is standard procedure for bassists in detuned rock bands? In all those bands where the guitars are tuned to C standard or drop A or whatever, what are the bass players doing?

VaticanShotglass wrote:Snowblinder wrote:I'm also grabbing either a Squier Classic Vibe 70's Jazz Bass or a Squier Affinity P/J (just like the one I already own) to use as my drop C tuning Secret Friends bass until my EGC is back from being modded/repaired.So what is standard procedure for bassists in detuned rock bands? In all those bands where the guitars are tuned to C standard or drop A or whatever, what are the bass players doing?I was in a band ages ago that was C standard, I think? Something like that. I bought a 5 string set and just used the B-E-A-D strings tuned up a tad. Had to open up the nut a tad, and adjust the truss, but it was worth it to have something that played regular instead of all floppy.

Just bought a compact but pretty awesome PA from my boss. The tops are Presonus ULT12's, 12 woofer and 1.75 compression driver on a 110x50 degree horn. Biamped with a digital crossover. Stupid loud and clear for their size.The subs are EV 1x18 boxes loaded with fancy Italian neo drivers we had kicking around as spares for our K Array systems. Subs are powered by a Behringer iNuke 6000DSP, of which there is also a spare. Speaker cables, pole mounts for the tops, and a rack for the amps included. Turn key system.I've mixed a bunch of shows on this rig and like it a real lot. I already own 3 EV ZLX15P boxes for monitors, an XR18 mixer, and all the mics/cabling/stands/etc. I think I am pretty well tooled up for local rock and roll shows, and am in a position to borrow fancy wedges or a nicer mixer if I need to do something a little more respectable.Can get the whole works in my minivan. Welcome to the future.

VaticanShotglass wrote:Snowblinder wrote:I'm also grabbing either a Squier Classic Vibe 70's Jazz Bass or a Squier Affinity P/J (just like the one I already own) to use as my drop C tuning Secret Friends bass until my EGC is back from being modded/repaired.So what is standard procedure for bassists in detuned rock bands? In all those bands where the guitars are tuned to C standard or drop A or whatever, what are the bass players doing?In my case, it means heavier gauge strings (55-115 works without being too insane) and a proper setup including filing the nut for the thicker strings. Some people tune to standard E and just transpose, but I prefer being in the same tuning as the guitar despite the extra work to make the bass playable.