PRF members' tech journal

Yesterday. I worked on a few guitar vs. gravity mixes, tracked a couple vocal takes, and hang out with the drummer, who rules... used to play drums for Agent Orange.Also, I added resistors to the Fuzzy Bunny board that will be going to the$inmusicisallmine.Then, I tried to debug a broken fuzzy bunny. DC is appearing on a pot that shouldn't have DC. That is also causing the last gain stage to not amplify at all.Yikes:(Ben

I need to check what's wrong with my S6000 inner routing - the channels are out of phase with each other, it wasn't like that before.Also, need to check again that the PSU is still holding steady voltages and not drifting, I'm pretty sure I fixed it back then, just need to re-check and make sure it's fixed.It's time to overhaul the YBA1. Recapping the PSU and changing the tubes should be my first steps.

List of shit that really needs to get done:Install new tuning heads (that have been sitting on my desk for 3 months) on 70's Kawai hollow body. Also figure out how to mount pickup on it. Strip and refinish Jap Jazzmaster. Buy and install Mastery Bridge. Have 19th fret replaced.Purchase new Preamp tubes for fender Quad Reverb. Buy plywood and grill cloth and repair damage done by cat. Pull the Fender Utah Speakers out and replace with 12 that are suitable for bass guitar.Buy new Tuners for 70's Jap Jazzbass knockoff and adjust the neck.Buy and Build BYOC Super Fuzz clone to replace Univox Super Fuzz that is getting unreliable for live use.Build cabinet for rotating speaker I pulled from an old organ found in the street.Finish modding 3 Shure M67 Mic Pres for individual outs.Why is Ch 1 of Sytek not passing Phantom Power? Find out.Buy and install better transformer for Chinese tube mic.Mod Roberts reel to reel preamps for balanced mic in and line output.Do something with the Rogers drum shells in my basement.Build 3 pedal boards (Bass, guitar, keys) with power supplies and cabling.Put new tape on my bike handlebars.

Little details from your workshop, etc. The humble and/or complex things we do in our free time, or for those clever folks, at our jobs. Yesterday I revamped my Avatar 4x10 with a blown speaker. Took the dead one out, took the 3rd good one out. Put the good 3rd into a 1x10 cab that came from a combo with a bad head. Cut the 4x10 cab in half. Used the scrap to close it up, and to make a panel for the 1x10 where the head used to be. Now I have a 1000W 2x10 and a 500W 1x10. Contemplating uses for the SWR 10" I took out of the little cab. Might throw it in my 4x10 Peavey Classic 50, to give it a little boomboom. One of those speakers has a patched cone anyway. AFAIK it's ok to mix-n-match. Starting to use my multimeter more frequently. This can only be a good thing. Also, partially mounted a pickup on my Panjo.Yes, that's a giant frying pan/one-string bass. Yes, it IS awesome.
this thing, she is the awesome

*finish building my home studio. drywall is getting finished this weekend. then it's paint, lighting, flooring, trim, soldering a bunch of XLR wall panels, and acoustic treatments, in that order. *recap my hammond m-3*replace bridle straps on my rhodes*finish modding those group-buy preamps I got a while ago*build another fuzz pedal