Recommend a....

fedaykin13 wrote:Recommend a soldering iron.I'm a beginner and want to start tinkering with pedals and such.Anything I need?Boy, I'm Mr. Advice Guy today. The Weller - cheap, no frills, works. Some advice - go to Radio Shack, get some blank circuit boards and practice getting the solder to go where you want it. Then get some cheap resistors, etc. and practice putting them on the board. Much better than frying a kit (says the man who melted one channel of a Hamptone Pre-amp kit - the one good channel does sound awesome).

Recommend a....

placeholder wrote:Faiz, I use this Black and Decker electric mower for my small yards. It works beautifully and was not terribly expensive.+1If you get one that uses a power cord it'll be a lot cheaper. When you start getting into the rechargeable battery models the price jumps about $200.Push mowers rock too. The problem is you have to keep with mowing every week. Let the grass go for a couple of weeks in mid-July, you're screwed.

Recommend a....

kerble wrote:Adam I II wrote:Geese, or a goat.how about a lawnmower I don't have to feed?They be eating yo' grass, foo'! And also plus then you can be eating yo' lawnmower! Is like in Russia the lawn mows you, but in Kerble's house the mower eats the lawn and Kerble eats the mower! I has thought it through! Is already decided!

Recommend a....

I love the wellers too, I have one of the nicer ones for my work around the office, and can't recommend it highly enough, but even the cheaper ones feel pretty nice.Though at the office we ended up on a parts-express.com mailing list ages ago and they're offering a seemingly functional iron made by Stahl Tools for 12 bucks. Hell, at that price I don't think it's much of a loss even if it ends up being unusable.

Recommend a....

get a weller. i have this onehttp://www.amazon.com/Weller-WLC100-Sol ... B000AS28UCcheap, and its good.ok, i already have a thread for this, but whatever.recommend replacement tuning pegs for a 72 tele deluxe reissue. i need to put real thick strings in them too.

Recommend a....

burun wrote:I need to replace my vacuum cleaner. I have wood floors, with a few rugs. I don't care if it's an upright or a canister, but I do need one of those wands that you can attach cleaning tools to (for blinds, in crevices, etc.) Anyone have a vacuum they are in love with?If you're looking for something cheap, Sears sells a Kenmore upright for about $40 and it works suprisingly well for the money. It's nothing fancy, but it works way better than the cheap Dirt Devils, Hoovers, and the like.