Recommend a....

I got one of these Mighty Wallets as a gift, and used it for years:https://mightywallet.shop/Super thin, cheap, but very flexy and durable. Made out of Tyvek ®, so they don't tear, and can only be cut.I never would have bought it for myself, but totally loved it. I had the one with the sheet music on it. Asked about constantly.It still works, but I switched to an even smaller wallet for travel last year, and never went back.
kerble is right.

Recommend a....

kerble wrote:I got one of these Mighty Wallets as a gift, and used it for years:https://mightywallet.shop/Super thin, cheap, but very flexy and durable. Made out of Tyvek ®, so they don't tear, and can only be cut.I never would have bought it for myself, but totally loved it. I had the one with the sheet music on it. Asked about constantly.It still works, but I switched to an even smaller wallet for travel last year, and never went back.HOLY SHIT! That PBJ one is inspired.

Recommend a....

My Shure m97xe phono cartridge appears to be on its last legs, and Shure has stopped making that particular cartridge.Can anyone recommend a decent replacement cartridge for less than $150? I'm also 100% open to just replacing the stylus.It's going on a Technics 1200 mk2.Thanks in advance!

Recommend a....

bigc wrote:My Shure m97xe phono cartridge appears to be on its last legs, and Shure has stopped making that particular cartridge.Can anyone recommend a decent replacement cartridge for less than $150? I'm also 100% open to just replacing the stylus.It's going on a Technics 1200 mk2.Thanks in advance!Ortofon 2M Red is a pretty decent choice here. You could probably get the stylus replaced for that budget, though.

Recommend a....

brephophagist wrote:bigc wrote:My Shure m97xe phono cartridge appears to be on its last legs, and Shure has stopped making that particular cartridge.Can anyone recommend a decent replacement cartridge for less than $150? I'm also 100% open to just replacing the stylus.It's going on a Technics 1200 mk2.Thanks in advance!Ortofon 2M Red is a pretty decent choice here. You could probably get the stylus replaced for that budget, though.True. Any thoughts on replacement styli?

Recommend a....

brephophagist wrote:bigc wrote:Any thoughts on replacement styli?Since Shure discontinued it, just getting another of the original N97xE stylus installed might exhaust your budget there. Unless you have a local shop that stocked 'em and isn't gouging (yet). There are aftermarket replacements out there but we're getting way into Steve Hoffman Forums territory here, and I have no experience with 'em. These two, e.g.154 wrote:I bought a Grado Prestige Black2 a few months back and have been very happy with it. Ordered it for $75.Yep, I've used one of these on a 1200 (well, 1210) too. Also totally fine. I think it's a red-wine/white-wine kind of thing as to whether you'd prefer Grado or Ortofon, probably.First I've seen of the HE version. I'd already found the VL upgrade. Seems like the HE will do perfectly.Thanks all!

Recommend a....

bigc wrote:Any thoughts on replacement styli?Since Shure discontinued it, just getting another of the original N97xE stylus installed might exhaust your budget there. Unless you have a local shop that stocked 'em and isn't gouging (yet). There are aftermarket replacements out there but we're getting way into Steve Hoffman Forums territory here, and I have no experience with 'em. These two, e.g.154 wrote:I bought a Grado Prestige Black2 a few months back and have been very happy with it. Ordered it for $75.Yep, I've used one of these on a 1200 (well, 1210) too. Also totally fine. I think it's a red-wine/white-wine kind of thing as to whether you'd prefer Grado or Ortofon, probably.