current DIY projects you are working on .. or planning on.

biscuitdough wrote:I think adding a buss with thickish but not bar-thick solid wire is a common customization when building Fender style kits, since there's almost a buss bar situation going on along the pots anyway. Seems to be a proven technique.That's what I ended up doing with a hiwatt build I did and I liked the way it looked and routing to it was easyDr Tony Balls wrote:Not that I know of, but I also find it to be overkill in amps. A plain old single ground point with wire connection is fine.Makes sense, thanks guys

current DIY projects you are working on .. or planning on.

Just finished a pedal project using the contents of my late father-in-law's old component stash. No super fancy NOS bits, but it's my first go at a tag strip build. It's a Silicon Fuzzrite, with an added tone control (varying the stock 22K to ground paralleled with the volume/depth pots), in a gigantic old-school Colorsound/Rotosound enclosure. Go big, or go home. I asked my wife to silk screen it with an original design, based on a movie still of Scorpio from Dirty Harry. She did an amazing job, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The Schifrin soundtrack to the opening rooftop scene was the inspiration, as that was the first thing I thought of when I hit a note on it. It totally gets that Fuzzrite trebled-out nasal splatter with the treble and depth maxed.Here's a few pics...