For free: Things.

I have the mother of all white elephants up for grabs. A player piano from the early to mid 20's based on serial number. Beautiful woodwork (figured walnut) and a box of piano rolls including (and I'm not making this up) Gonna Fly Now, Born Free and The Morning After. Must remove it by Sunday November 8 or I have to dismantle it. Here is the Craigslist ad. PM me if interested.http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/zip/5297431064.html

EDIT: Given away to an old friends father who lives in elderly housing and doesn't own an amp anymore. MEGA Amp! I found it in the trash this morning. I can't walk by a trash amp without taking it. It works fine and is pretty loud for a practice amp. My wife says it sounds like an electrified garbage can. It definitely shreds. It's not that heavy and if anyone needs a shitty practice amp, it's yours for the price of postage.

Chicagoland OnlyI posted in the Hi-Fi thread about these Snell Acoustic Type C/II speakers I have, hand me down from my stepmom. See the link for more discussion about them, but they are pretty high end units and there are pictures of the foam coming off the woofers. I bought the woofer foam replacement kit but it's been sitting on top of the speakers for over a year now. They are huge and need some TLC that I'm not going to put forth, so I'll gladly give them to someone on the PRF. They are BIG but if I can put in my car I'll even bring them to you, which I'm doubting. If that's the case you'd have to pick up in Wheeling. I know they are quite valuable when repaired but I don't give a shit - donate money to the PRF fund if you must. I'd just like to see someone who would appreciate them give them a good home.If you want more/better pics or more detail on the condition, let me know.

Gantry wrote:Chicagoland OnlyI posted in the Hi-Fi thread about these Snell Acoustic Type C/II speakers I have, hand me down from my stepmom. See the link for more discussion about them, but they are pretty high end units and there are pictures of the foam coming off the woofers. I bought the woofer foam replacement kit but it's been sitting on top of the speakers for over a year now. They are huge and need some TLC that I'm not going to put forth, so I'll gladly give them to someone on the PRF. They are BIG but if I can put in my car I'll even bring them to you, which I'm doubting. If that's the case you'd have to pick up in Wheeling. I know they are quite valuable when repaired but I don't give a shit - donate money to the PRF fund if you must. I'd just like to see someone who would appreciate them give them a good home.If you want more/better pics or more detail on the condition, let me know.A year or two ago I had a speaker dude refoam a pair of old speakers. I remember it being pretty cheap and I didn't already have the kits. I removed and took in just the woofers. Might be worth a call...http://jjspeakerrepair.net/Site/Home.html

Bunch of free music gear crap; only clause is you have to be in Chicago (or be here in the next few weeks) and preferably come by my house or meet me somewhere to get it. Full list and pictures below:(EDIT here's what's still left):Tele six saddle bridge plateGFS Tele humbucker bridge plate (three screw)6500/KT66/KT88 tube retainers (8 of 'em)Mustang/Jaguar replacement slider switchesblackface Fender Bassman cab mounting hardwareRadioshack multimeter (needs a new battery)Shielding metal (you'll want this for the head box)
Pure L wrote:I get shocked whenever I use my table saw while barefooted.

I Made Out With You Before You Were Cool
Don't Sit On The Pickets