Band: Cherubs Cherubs?

One of my favorite Record Mojo * moments was when, at the WFMU Record Fair, I found a copy of the Carjack Fairy single for an absurdly cheap price. I sent it to Sleepkid, because he rules.* Record Mojo is how my pal Mark and I refer to our astounding fortune whilst looking for certain records. On occasion, all we have to do is just say to one another I'm looking for blahdeeblahblah and one of us will find it. I believe that because I often pay it forward, I am rewarded by the fulfillment of my own personal want list.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

There is no way this C/NC hasn't been already done.Not crap, obviously. Heroin Man can rival any Cows record and definitely outshines the first two. I can do without "Example Maiden Japan/Devil's Food," though. I wish someone could distill that visceral thrill you get from hearing this queasy, psychedelic squall of shitrock and put it into a pill. I want to feel that way all of the time.edit:SecondEdition wrote:"Stag Party" is possibly one of the best opening tracks of all time. It is ndisputably the best use of a dialtone ever in a song.FYI: it's not a dialtone, it's a disconnection signal. kids don't know about those today with their cell phones and whatnot [/pedantic assbag]
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.

RSMurphy wrote:There is no way this C/NC hasn't been already done.Not crap, obviously. Heroin Man can rival any Cows record and definitely outshines the first two.Daddy Has a Tail! is my second favorite Cows record (the first side is perfection). So I don't quite agree.SecondEdition wrote:"Stag Party" is possibly one of the best opening tracks of all time. It is ndisputably the best use of a dialtone ever in a song.FYI: it's not a dialtone, it's a disconnection signal. kids don't know about those today with their cell phones and whatnot [/pedantic assbag]Goddammit, I did know that...It's been a while since I've heard it.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

There was a Cows v. Cherubs thunderdome, and a "Where is Heroin Man?" thread, but no C/NC for these masters of completely wrong heaviness and noise. (At least, I think there wasn't.)"Stag Party" is possibly one of the best opening tracks of all time. It is indisputably the best use of a dialtone ever in a song. "Baby Huey" does the same thing with a bizarro loop of a drum-machine beat, a whistle and a little kid grunting.For Heroin Man at least, an easy Not Crap. Their other albums are kind of hit and miss, but Heroin Man is a masterpiece of stomach-churning dread and sludgy, fucked-over riffage, right down to the gutpunch cover of an OD'ed corpse in a bathtub.I was always surprised that this band was not on AmRep, but reasoned that they were better than, charitably, half of those bands. (They were not better than the Cows.)What say you?
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.