Streaming Netflix - what's good lately?

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:I just saw an ad for it the other day, but what s up with the new Criterion streaming service?It's great. Added it yesterday. I could not find it doing a channel search within the Roku, so I had to visit this URL and do it from there.Some of the basic questions you might have can be answered here, but the short of it is, if you like the kind of movies Criterion puts out, the Criterion Channel is for you. That might sound kind of nebulous, but I think you get the drift. If you follow the second link, you can see some of what they're offering up this month. But that's just the tip of the iceberg and they'll be adding new things as time goes on.

Streaming Netflix - what's good lately?

Netflix:"Constantine" - a lot of places is writing about like it was a forgotten gem but It didn't seem like this to me. Entertaining enough but nothing great about.I saw that Edgard Wright's "The World's End" is there - one of my favourite films."Umbrella Academy" - bleeeergh, more like "Filler Academy" I found first episode intriguing, second one boring and I turned the third one half way through. The song scenes are indeed terrible and out of place (the dance thing in ep.1 one was so out of place It was bizarre). That one character WHO HAS NO POWERS, GET IT? is surely going to do something like saving the world through her newly found super power of playing violin in a minor key. CRAP.Oh and since I'm at it: it seems like they were suppoosed to add fingers movement when she plays the violen in post production, but for whatever reasons haven't. She is not even trying to fake she is playing, quite weird.