Flipper?

Crap.
Total votes: 7 (7%)
Not crap.
Total votes: 92 (93%)
Total votes: 99

Band: Flipper Flipper?

I've recently revisited American Grafishy. Certainly a very spotty album but there's a few gems on there ("Someday", "Flipper Twist", etc). When I was in my early teenage years I wasn't conscious of anything like reviews or researching a artist's catalog to determine what might be a good place to start, and it lead to some pretty funny introductions to different bands. Sometimes they'd be weird compilations or live albums, or reunion albums where many of the original members were no longer involved. I can think of at least a couple of different instances when it wouldn't be until years later that I'd be hipped to the fact that the only album I'd have of some band was a really terrible place to start, and after picking up another piece of their discography I'd finally see what all the fuss was about. But I'm kind of happy I started out that way... there was something special about picking up an album blindly and listening to it with no context or pre-judgement.

Pretty good for a buncha fucking hippie junkies.I kid, they're like the greatest band ever, thereabouts.But definitely hippie. Life sucks - will always suck, can't possibly avoid the suck - but we're all in it together as an ethos is pretty gutsy, doubly so when you lock the doors to the venue and play Low Rider for two hours.NOT CRAP

Bay Area people- Flipper is playing a 40th anniversary show at the Great American Music Hall on Saturday, July 13 (tickets on sale this Friday). This should be great:https://slimspresents.com/event/flipper ... sary-tour/
There are crispy fries waiting to come out of your oven: you just have to make them and put them there.

Redline wrote:Christopher wrote: œAll U.S. dates is what we were told.That's pretty damn awesome. You'll have fun at that show!I bought a ticket about a minute before seeing these posts, I thought Yow was just with them for the LA date before that. That's so awesome. Sure wish I could've seen David singing with The Dicks in Austin, years ago. But I was lucky enough to see him with The Melvins a long while back.