Balls Effects / Balls Amplification

Dr Tony Balls wrote:TylerSavage wrote:that's a perfect combo right there.Been really digging Balls KWB > Ge treble boosteredit >> whats the power use like, 100 ma?No clue. Should be less than that, though. The Klon ought to draw about 40mA. The rangemaster should draw very little, and the EP3 is using the same charge pump as the Klon for 18V so it shouldnt draw much either. I woudnt guess any more than 60mAGreat - was just curious because that would free up three spots on my power supply, AND look cool

Got a new donor cab and chassis the other day. 1x12 cab. Chassis will support 2 power tubes. EL84s will fit, potentially 6V6 or EL34 but nothing wider than that. Chassis will cleanly support up to 5 knobs. What should go in it?Already got one vote for a Silvertone 1482/Tweed Deluxe type of thing but i'm entertaining ideas. 20W bassman/plexi/JTM? AC15 kinda thing? There are so many possibilities.

Dr Tony Balls wrote:Got a new donor cab and chassis the other day. 1x12 cab. Chassis will support 2 power tubes. EL84s will fit, potentially 6V6 or EL34 but nothing wider than that. Chassis will cleanly support up to 5 knobs. What should go in it?Already got one vote for a Silvertone 1482/Tweed Deluxe type of thing but i'm entertaining ideas. 20W bassman/plexi/JTM? AC15 kinda thing? There are so many possibilities.

Nate Dort wrote:Dr Tony Balls wrote:Got a new donor cab and chassis the other day. 1x12 cab. Chassis will support 2 power tubes. EL84s will fit, potentially 6V6 or EL34 but nothing wider than that. Chassis will cleanly support up to 5 knobs. What should go in it?Already got one vote for a Silvertone 1482/Tweed Deluxe type of thing but i'm entertaining ideas. 20W bassman/plexi/JTM? AC15 kinda thing? There are so many possibilities.Or a Trainwreck ... yeah yeah, tone lawyers etc. they are fun