The Mueller Report It's Mueller Time

Angus Jung wrote:Boombats wrote:Me Again wrote:The same is true of a lot of "dark" music and movies unfortunately, the worst of which often seek to do the opposite of liberating their audience.I've considered starting a thread about this. I love heavy music and all but I feel like my duty is to make shit that uplifts. It's bad for humans to wallow in despair.Could not agree more. Am committing myself to do it.And to be clear, plenty of spooky heavy music (Portal, for example) uplifts my spirits. I don't know enough about music theory to explain clearly what distinguishes the happy scary from the sad scary, but there are certain melodic choices that seem to impart certain moods. I'm for the ones that empower the spirit.
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives

Boombats wrote:Me Again wrote:The same is true of a lot of dark music and movies unfortunately, the worst of which often seek to do the opposite of liberating their audience.I've considered starting a thread about this. I love heavy music and all but I feel like my duty is to make shit that uplifts. It's bad for humans to wallow in despair.Would read and post. Do it to it! That's something worth talking about.

Trump--as well as his family and cronies-- is obviously a deeply corrupt, deeply stupid person so the idea that he might do something corrupt and stupid is unremarkable. There's a lot to investigate there that still should be investigated including but not limited to his shady foundation, his shady business, the question to whether he is still running his shady business as president, his shady withholding of tax returns etc, etc...But the idea of idea that we were ever going to get rid of him by putting our faith in right-wing cops is nuts. Better to focus on combating him politically with robust ideas, and not just the same shit that HRC ran 2016. VaticanShotglass wrote:Teacher's Pet wrote:AG Barr's 4-page summary: CRAPThe Mueller Report: Who the hell knows? Nobody has read it yet FFS. WTF. The jumping to conclusion in the white house media is gross. It goes past inconclusiveness to proven innocence and to the degree of deserving apologies. It's so brazen, but they will repeat it until it is bland (close enough to true).And this is the other side of it. I find it extremely hard to believe that Mueller's report is anything close to exonerating or that Iran-Contra goon William Barr's memo is a fair summation of it. It's bizarre and yet completely on-brand that Republicans are saying both that the Mueller report proves Trump is innocent while also saying it is a lie-filled smear which must never see the light of day.

Anthony Flack wrote:Another nail in planet coffin. When was the last time we got to read some good news?Not that long ago, DNA tests apparently revealed who Jack the Ripper was--a Polish hairdresser with mental health issues named Aaron Kosminski. Maybe a bit morbid to be "good news," but if one has any interest in "cold cases" and true crime, that's one for the ages.Also, keep in mind, in general, bad news is what "sells"/draws the most eyeballs, so almost all news agencies give it undue precedence at the expense of more positive stories and events. The news media on both sides of the aisle have an agenda to disrupt our good vibes, when we have them, because they know that's what'll keep us sucking on their teats all day, following the ticker tape of the latest calamities, as we spiral into a pool of self-doubt. The same is true of a lot of "dark" music and movies unfortunately, the worst of which often seek to do the opposite of liberating their audience.

Angus Jung wrote:Boombats wrote:Me Again wrote:The same is true of a lot of "dark" music and movies unfortunately, the worst of which often seek to do the opposite of liberating their audience.I've considered starting a thread about this. I love heavy music and all but I feel like my duty is to make shit that uplifts. It's bad for humans to wallow in despair.Could not agree more. Am committing myself to do it.Make shit that's pretty; make shit that moves. Would read. Would post.I have a strong feeling that the Mueller Report isn't crap.
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.