2020 Trump Opponent: Pete Buttigieg Mayor Pete?

jeff\_fox wrote:And I know most of this community paints everyone to the right of them with the same brush, but do you really see Pete as equal to either of them, politically?It's hard to know where he stands or what exactly his politics are given that he's basically come out of nowhere and that he makes a point of speaking in vague platitudes rather than express an ideological perspective or offer many policy proposals. That in itself is a warning sign. And he's been hanging out with Neera Tanden at Stop Bernie! events so, I mean, probably not that far off from Biden or Clinton.

Why is that nice Mayor Pete saying mean things about the Democratic front runner? He's handing the election to Trump.Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg said he doubts fellow hopeful Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) can beat President Trump in a general election. œI have a hard time seeing the coalition ultimately coming together there, the South Bend, Ind., mayor told The New York Times. Buttigieg also said that in 2016 voters wanted to œblow up the system, adding that this mentality œcould lead you to somebody like Bernie and it could lead you to somebody like Trump. That s how we got where we are. Buttigieg added that at the time œpeople were refreshed by the novelty of that boldness of Sanders's ideas, but that they are now less exciting. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... l-election

jeff\_fox wrote:And I know most of this community paints everyone to the right of them with the same brush, but do you really see Pete as equal to either of them, politically? South Bend used to be a pretty Democratic heavy town, back when Studebaker and Uniroyal and other old fashioned Big Labor industries fed the tax base, but those days are long gone. It's health care and financials and the Education Industrial complex now and he's been elected twice to run things for the swells. As I said at the top, I work with a lot of self decribed conservatives, Trump voters, and union people that regularly pull the lever for Republicans because of shit like God and guns. Their most vocal bitch about Mayo Pete isn't his leadership style or his policies, it's his choice of spouse.Clyde wrote: he makes a point of speaking in vague platitudes rather than express an ideological perspective or offer many policy proposals. That in itself is a warning sign. And he's been hanging out with Neera Tanden at Stop Bernie! events so, I mean, probably not that far off from Biden or Clinton.Gotta agree. The vagueness isn't a bug, it's a feature. He's said so explicitly...

Boombats wrote:jeff\_fox wrote:Pointing out why Bernie is a better pick is great! Do it all day! But calling this guy the fucking devil one too many times can and will put off a complacent, fence sitting mouth breather from voting at all if he does get the nomination. And there are A LOT of these people.Are you saying those people read the Electrical Audio forum?Hell fucking yes. I know for a fact we have libertarian douchebags among us so it's really not a stretch that there are people who put very little thought into this shit. They don't chime in, because DUH!

ldopa\_chicago wrote:jeff\_fox wrote: Decades of HRC being a warmongering, private prison-supporting, working class-hating neoliberal absolutely caused her to lose to the most unqualified candidate in historyFYP.See, to me this is the problem. Attributing HRC's loss to anything other than an abject failure of her as a candidate and centrist Democratic policy (or lack thereof). The solution to Trump is not more bullshit centrism; that indeed is the cause of Trump. The solution to Trump is a strong left candidate. Pelosi and the rest of the DNC bootlickers cozying up to Blue Cross Blue Shield is going to be the kind of shit that gets Trump reelected.Would you deny that if the 2016 candidate were Biden, he would have won easily? HRC and Biden are nearly identical on the political spectrum. But he was considered a 'cool dude' until recently.And I know most of this community paints everyone to the right of them with the same brush, but do you really see Pete as equal to either of them, politically?