Visiting London and Dublin. Any recommendations?

London is amazing though even more sprawling and overwhelming (at least in my one time there) than New York. Would walk through Hyde Park and go to the British Museum.Edinburgh has great hills and the most beautiful bars I have ever been in. Just really phenomenal interiors, I don't know how else to put it, but to quote "Parklife" (and why not), it gives you a sense of enormous well-being.Is it just those two cities?

Looks like I'm accompanying my girlfriend on a work trip to London next month. We're going to divide our week (middle of August) between London and Edinburgh. I've never been to England nor Scotland so hit me with your recommendations.Tim/night\_tools, if you're around and have any time whatsoever, would love to see your smiling face on your own turf. [EDIT] - dammit, sorry Tim, Edinburgh is out this time around.

Gotcha. Well now that it's Dublin and not Edinburgh, I'd say seeing a good chunk of Trinity's buildings (namely the library) would be a good use of time. St. Stephen's Green is a nice little park; Phoenix Park is bigger (though arguably nicer). The Little Museum of Dublin is a typically charming way to learn some history. Exchequer Street is where the hip restaurants are. If you can splurge a bit on a nice hotel, the Clarence is a really good one. I didn't go myself but the Guinness Storehouse, seemingly a tourist trap, is apparently totally worth it, even according to natives.Speaking of tourist traps, be wary of the Temple Bar area. The Temple Bar Pub itself is a total tourist trap and at night there are pickpockets around there.

Well, crap. It looks like Edinburgh is out because there's a big arts festival happening when we'd be there, which means the flight is double/triple the price of other less-than-2hr-away destinations. And hotels/airbnbs are currently scarce. I'll save Scotland for another time when I can explore more of it.Looks like Dublin is the new winner because I just saw the lady booked our flights and an Airbnb. We'll be in London 11th to 14th (she has a work thing). And Dublin 14th to the 17th. Flying back to the states from London on the 18th.