Chicago punk / noise / experimental venues and other advices

I think a lot of that sorta stuff happens in DIY venues these days. Hopefully FM bakebisbife will comment here since he books stuff sometimes at several of them.Traditional music venues: Empty BottleSleeping VillageSubterraneanThe BurlingtonOther possible venues:Café Moustache (coffee shop)Co-Prosperity Sphere (mixed use space)Margaritaville (DIY space)The Whistler (cocktail bar with random oddball shows)Reed's Local (dive bar with occasional bands)The Owl (late night bar with bands occasionally during the week)Most of these are on the North Side of Chicago: Logan Square, Avondale, Ukrainian Village, Wicker Park. The South Side ones are in or near Pilsen/Bridgeport.As far as where to stay? If you are planning on using public transportation I'd probably get an Airbnb somewhere near Western/Armitage or Division/Ashland. Both of those have a Blue Line stop as well as major north/south bus lines on streets that run the length of Chicago. I'd avoid Wrigleyville unless you're a baseball fan.All of this really depends on what you are doing while you're here.

Chicago punk / noise / experimental venues and other advices

Hey Dalci,I hope you enjoy your time in Chicago. Tommy mentioned a few great spots, and I'll echo those below. These spots are the most likely to have a weekday show in the experimental/punk vein while you're here. Check out their calendars online to see if anything sticks out to you. The best way to find out about the DIY shows is through Facebook, for better or worse.Cafe MustacheEmpty BottleReed's LocalElastic ArtsExperimental Sound StudioBurlingtonHideoutOuter Sound (DIY)Situations (DIY)Archer Ballroom (DIY)Brat Trap (DIY)If I see any shows pop up that will be happening during your stay here, I will try to remember to message you!