Re: Little Details from Your Day

My sweet wife means no harm. I'm just blowing off because it's hard to type with my finger all bandaged up.

She definitely has not worked in a restaurant kitchen and means well. When I go away for two weeks, the falcon abandons the falconer in our kitchen. Things fall apart. The centre does not hold, etc.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

penningtron wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:38 am In addition to that risk, I was under the impression that dishwashing knives makes them duller so I always wash them by hand (soap wand thing) with the blade facing away.
I hand wash the good knives that I use for meal prep. The dollar-store and Ikea steak knives go in the dishwasher.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

dontfeartheringo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:51 am My sweet wife means no harm. I'm just blowing off because it's hard to type with my finger all bandaged up.

She definitely has not worked in a restaurant kitchen and means well. When I go away for two weeks, the falcon abandons the falconer in our kitchen. Things fall apart. The centre does not hold, etc.
My thoughts and prayers go to you. My Sweet Wife has also opened me up this way - All objects are to be submerged for me to find.

My mom would fill the bigger sink with hot, soapy water and just put everything she had used to prep the meal in there to soak. I got cuts on both sides of my hand one Thanksgiving just reaching in to the bottom of the sink to pull out the drain plug.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."

TylerDeadPine wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:22 pm
dontfeartheringo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:51 am My sweet wife means no harm. I'm just blowing off because it's hard to type with my finger all bandaged up.

My thoughts and prayers go to you. My Sweet Wife has also opened me up this way - All objects are to be submerged for me to find.
My wife has worked in many restaurants. My heart goes out to all of you for whom that is not the case. ;)
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

jfv wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:44 pm
enframed wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:05 pm *weird orange shit on the roof of a car above the windshield*
WTF is that? Cheetos? Someone trying to attract seagulls or pigeons?
My guess is cat vomit. The ambergris of urban feral cat colonies.
tbone wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm I imagine at some point as a practicality we will all start assuming that this is probably the last thing we gotta mail to some asshole.

I prefer to think of it as the morning after ham-and-eggs scramble that a woman in an apartment above defenestrated directly from her cast-iron skillet, having realized in the cold light of day that her suitor from the night before was a dreadful miscalculation in judgement.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."

dontfeartheringo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:45 pm
jfv wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:44 pm
enframed wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:05 pm *weird orange shit on the roof of a car above the windshield*
WTF is that? Cheetos? Someone trying to attract seagulls or pigeons?
My guess is cat vomit. The ambergris of urban feral cat colonies.
Ding! Love the ambergris reference! I'm gonna start referring to cat vomit as "felambergris."

Edit: Though i'll need to leave it up there for while for it to become that.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale