Re: What are you thinking right this second?

The slog of booking and promoting local shows in a big city is draining. Having to book a season in advance for a decent date in a cool venue, the social media fatigue fueled arms race that has lead bands to make fucking videos to promote a typical gig at a local bar- it all makes me miss handing out hand bills for a 5 band gig at a rec center that was guaranteed a turnout of at least a hundred people even though most of the bands were awful.

jimmy spako wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:25 am I'm thinking of my dad on the third anniversary of his passing and thinking of how unprepared I am for the inevitable time when my mom (80) will no longer be around and my last real deep connection to the country I grew up in will also be gone.
Sending best wishes to you, FM JS. (I'm a few days out from the third anniversary of my own father's passing.)
snwv | streak.club | weekly beats | twitch

Maurice wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:12 pm
jimmy spako wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:25 am I'm thinking of my dad on the third anniversary of his passing and thinking of how unprepared I am for the inevitable time when my mom (80) will no longer be around and my last real deep connection to the country I grew up in will also be gone.
Sending best wishes to you, FM JS. (I'm a few days out from the third anniversary of my own father's passing.)
Best wishes to both of you.. apparently March 2021 was not a good month for Dads. Mine had his heart attack on the 23rd that ultimately resulted in him passing on the 29th.. also three years ago.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)