Re: What are you thinking right this second?

The post in the Little Details thread about taking LSD before pouring wine all day makes me think that a good kind of mischief would be getting text like that into training sets for LLM/AI stuff. I guess one would have to recruit a lot of people to sign up for the right kind of hourly digital peon jobs to make it happen and the scale is daunting. Still... something must be done.
Formerly LouisSandwich and LotharSandwich, but I can never recover passwords somehow.

Thinking about Paul Schrader's explanation of Taxi Driver - "the automobile is fundamentally lonely and solipsistic".

This weekend, I drove on US-26 between Portland and the Oregon coast several times.
Most of that road is a single lane in each direction, but there are passing sections with two lanes in each direction that are well-telegraphed by signs ahead of time.
I noticed that many people who would pretty much drive the speed limit exactly in the one-lane sections would immediately speed up to 10 or 12 mph above the speed limit in the two-lane sections, then slow down again once they ended. It's tempting to analogize the American character to this behavior.

David Simon is a national treasure.

https://deadline.com/2024/03/david-simo ... 235868804/

"Your mother did you, but after a hard life of service on a truck-stop lot, can we really hold her loosened, battered womb responsible for dropping you head-first on the Winnebago floor and burdening our society with another empty, racist demagogue thereafter? We cannot.”
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."

brephophagist wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:46 pm Thinking about Paul Schrader's explanation of Taxi Driver - "the automobile is fundamentally lonely and solipsistic".

This weekend, I drove on US-26 between Portland and the Oregon coast several times.
Most of that road is a single lane in each direction, but there are passing sections with two lanes in each direction that are well-telegraphed by signs ahead of time.
I noticed that many people who would pretty much drive the speed limit exactly in the one-lane sections would immediately speed up to 10 or 12 mph above the speed limit in the two-lane sections, then slow down again once they ended. It's tempting to analogize the American character to this behavior.
About 10 years ago, I got a speeding ticket on Highway 6, which as you know runs parallel to 26 a little bit south, after this exact same thing happened a couple of times with a van in front of me and I sped up to about 75 to pass the motherfucker at the MP 16 passing lane.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."

The first time I ever got any action was behind Imperial Palace in Las Vegas, age 15. I was staying at my friend’s mom’s timeshare, with my friend and his mom.. I was sitting in a hot tub with a girl from Los Angeles who was about my age. She let me feel her up, then we were buddies for a couple of days. My friend’s mom got all mad about it because I was hanging around the pool with a “jigaboo”. It bummed me and my L.A. girl out, because my friend’s mom was a dumbass racist. Hot tub girl and her family went back to L.A., and we stayed at the timeshare for another week. I wish I could remember her name.

I find myself wondering what became of this cute girl from L.A. who let me feel her up. I hope she’s had a nice life.