Re: What are you thinking right this second?

I finally figured out why I hate most burst finishes!

So in the 90s, most people were getting their hands on image editing or paint software for the very first time. Most of these programs had features like spotlights, or those white highlight sparkle star shapes, and, most pertinently, the gradient fill. And because it was so new, and because people were in such a hurry to show off that they now had cutting edge software, people were applying these stupid effects in the most extreme, gaudy way possible. And the average burst finish looks like someone just got PSP and discovered the gradient fill and now they feel like they need to show it off whether it complements the picture or not.

LIke, seriously, I used to think I hated burst finishes as a rule, but I've since realized that I don't. Subtle bursts with nice, gradual transitions from yellow to orange to red that almost look like shading are gorgeous. I bet even tobacco burst or 30s burst finishes would look amazing if they'd learn the meaning of the word "subtlety."
Total_douche, MSW, LICSW (lulz)

The actual plot of Super Mario:

Mario and the others were living in a freeloving, mushroom-consuming hippie kingdom when Koopa came and built his castle and occupied their land and forbade them to eat their mushrooms and flooded the land with his own poisonous mushrooms (pharmaceuticals and street drugs, sold by the gang known as the Koopa Kids).

The princess was called a witch and locked in the dungeon.

Mario and Luigi were demoted to work in the shitpipes as the lowest caste, and forced to wear ridiculous uniforms.
born to give

"A perturbation in the reality field in which a spontaneous
self-monitoring negentropic vortex is formed, tending progressively to
subsume and incorporate its environment into arrangements of
information. Characterized by quasi-consciousness, purpose, intelligence,
growth and an armillary coherence.
—Great Soviet Dictionary, Sixth Edition, 1992"
"More open-minded than Catholics".

Ok, so I know that these dinners are not making their own pizza puffs because where ever I go they they all look and taste the same. Which means that there is a company like Sysco out there providing these things to the whole midwest. Then as I write this I think how I miss living in Little Italy.
"There's a felling I get when I look to the west"
"When the meaningful words. When they cease to function. When there's nothing to say."

Christopher wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:51 pmJump cuts and fast-to-slow motion zooms/pans are the popped collar and tight rolled jeans of cinematography, and will age as such.
I'm too fashion-blind to understand the analogy, but I completely agree.
Christopher wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:51 pmAlso, ring lights just make you look like Natalie Imbruglia in the "Torn" video.
Why wouldn't you want this though?
born to give