Re: Would y'all mind if we keep asking Cancer to Go Fuck Itself?

Gramsci wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:21 am So, induction treatment finished and I have the maximum response of a full remission with no detectable disease.

Next month I have the big whack of the stem cell transplant which all things being equal should kick things down the road for a very long time.

A month off work and temporarily losing my hair…

Biggest question then becomes, which US baseball team cap am I getting?
Woo! Glad to hear about the response - hopefully you bounce back real good and don't have to deal with too much. Really glad to hear about MRD negative, that's a huge win
penningtron wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:37 am Ugh, so sorry about the recent infection. Hopefully things are moving in the right direction now.
thank you, missed this before!

Cheers man

It’s weird, ever since the big “bad news” everything within that has been as positive as it can be. I’m not sure how I’ll cope when the news stops being so (relatively) positive but that’s a bridge to cross when I get to it.

Oh, and Sox cap it is
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Gramsci wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:23 am Cheers man

It’s weird, ever since the big “bad news” everything within that has been as positive as it can be. I’m not sure how I’ll cope when the news stops being so (relatively) positive but that’s a bridge to cross when I get to it.

Oh, and Sox cap it is
You picked the wrong team to take your mind off bad news😄
But that logo never goes out of style.

hbiden@onlyfans.com wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:00 am
Gramsci wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:23 am Cheers man

Oh, and Sox cap it is
You picked the wrong team to take your mind off bad news😄
But that logo never goes out of style.
Would have applied to the Red Sox as well!
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

Okay. So Tuesday week is the ominously titled Day Zero. Sitting in a chair getting a massive single dose of extremely toxic chemicals followed by my Stem Cells getting returned the following day.

The whole journey has been very abstract up until now. I’m not expressing any disease and my induction completely wiped it out. But it’s all starting to feel a bit more real now. All evidence so far suggests I can expect a long and healthy remission and second line treatments are getting better by the month. Still, I’ve found myself pausing in my daily life thinking… oh fuck.

I might not have the mental energy to post here before so I just wanted to thank everyone on this weird site, whether you’re been in here or not. This is a great community. And to those of you dealing with this shit in your lives you have all the heart I can spare.

See you on the other side.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Well, after a long run of incredible victories, todays MRI hinted at a possible set back. There's definitely some cellular growth in the resection cavity. Whether or not it's cancerous (yet) is to be determined by the Tumor Board. Based on how it looks in imaging it's not, but could very likely become it. My N.O. and I have agreed to start a new treatment. A growth inhibitor called Tibsivo. Which is a repurposed leukemia treatment. NOT CHEMO!!! We've always known this day was highly likely, thankfully it waited till an entire new range of less invasive and more tolerable treatments are becoming available.
"More open-minded than Catholics".