Re: What Video Games Are You Playing?

Other than continuing on with Baldur's Gate 3 co-op with the friends, a few titles for the Switch I've picked up recently (I still buy physical games) that are bringing me immense joy are:

- Super Mario Bros. Wonder
- Persona 4 Golden
- Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore (a game only for true weirdos who can appreciate the immense labor of love that went into replicating the look/sound/feel of a Philips CD-i or any typical "multi-media" CD-ROM game from the mid-90's)

I've recently been the only person in the office every day of the week, and I've graduated from playing my Switch at my desk in handheld mode to docking it on the big screen TV in the breakroom. My work-life is actually incredibly good for the time being, I keep reminding myself to appreciate every moment of this while I can.
Last edited by chexmixbreath on Mon May 06, 2024 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: What Video Games Are You Playing?

Helldivers 2 has hooked me harder than any online game ever has. Such a delightful game, and having a couple of old PRF cronies join me has turned it into my main social release in the relative isolation of parenthood in a new country.

I have played ten minutes of Paranormasight on the Switch, a visual novel; it starts very well.

Plan to finally finish RDR2 and Elden Ring if Helldivers loosens its grip on me. Also, Wanted: Dead is a superb, stubbornly ugly, PS2-like shooter-slasher that I must return to: a deranged YouTuber turned me onto it, raving about guard cancels and the like. Made it through the first level, which I enjoyed massively, before HD2 kidnapped me.

I've also picked up a couple of CAVE schmups, Akai Katana Shin and Dodonpachi DaiOuJou, which I doubt that I'll ever be passable at, but are outstanding, dense, eye-popping experiences.

On the Switch, there's a free demo of the remastered Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, a puzzle adventure that is clever, quite different from anything else I've played, and has panache.
Gib Opi kein Opium, denn Opium bringt Opi um!