Re: All-encompassing Self-Promotion Echo Chamber thread

Mickey242 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:23 pm
Ike wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:14 am Not fully sure if this is the right spot (don't want to start a thread about it).

Here is the first album by the Kalamazoo Drone Society. Super proud of this album!

Not crap.
That's very sweet of you to say. I don't know if this crew will ever play live, but I am 100% stoked on what we're doing. We drone the second Sunday of every month. It always stokes me out immensely. The 'leader' (who is also in another band I play in) always has these John Cage-inspired movements to work through and wrestle with.

Deeply rewarding. Talked about putting an lp yesterday.

Ike wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:57 am
Mickey242 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:23 pm
Ike wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:14 am Not fully sure if this is the right spot (don't want to start a thread about it).

Here is the first album by the Kalamazoo Drone Society. Super proud of this album!

Not crap.
That's very sweet of you to say. I don't know if this crew will ever play live, but I am 100% stoked on what we're doing. We drone the second Sunday of every month. It always stokes me out immensely. The 'leader' (who is also in another band I play in) always has these John Cage-inspired movements to work through and wrestle with.

Deeply rewarding. Talked about putting an lp yesterday.
Well this is good and this is a coming from a guy that makes random drum beats in abelton.
"There's a felling I get when I look to the west"
"When the meaningful words. When they cease to function. When there's nothing to say."

Soooo I just had my first-ever performance on drums after a very wonderful friend asked me if I could play with him on a song for a show he was doing in Baltimore. I had no knowledge of the instrument not even two weeks before the show but he was confident I could learn the part, and here’s the result:

(If the embedded video doesn’t work, should be able to clickthrough to the direct video link)

It wasn’t completely without its hiccups—a lot of the equipment was new to us (especially me, I had only been practicing on a rusty old set my brother used to have) and we weren’t even sure if we’d have a bass player (his friend learned the part not even a day before), and I was so nervous as it was the biggest crowd I’d performed to for anything, but overall it went better than we could have hoped for and I know it’s not much, but I’m so proud of it. Life has been a struggle for a lot of us in my community but am so glad to have been a part of this spark of queer joy amongst everything 💜

tallchris wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:37 pm My new band played our first show last month for the Bismarck's 20th anniversary. I played with the guitarist in Brackets, and the drummer Justin has been in a million great Seattle/Bellingham bands.

We did a couple of quick sessions (one evening for basics, one for vocals) with our old friend Jackson Long at his studio/our practice space (also where the last Police Teeth album was done) last spring before I had foot surgery and got out of commission. Finally got some of this posted!

Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com