The All New Gear Liquidation Thread

I've got a 1967 Fender "Blackface" Bassman with an AB165 circuit for sale. Full disclosure, I bought it banged up. I replaced the burnt grill cloth with new classic Fender. The faceplate was severely damaged and replaced with a replica. It's been cleaned and re-biased with new tubes. Otherwise there was no damage other than cosmetic on the grill and faceplate. The only modification I made was replacing the power cable with a heavier gauge and a three-prong plug.

Works fucking great, looks fucking beautiful. Pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/va7rjWjwVQKgPAz66

EDIT: SOLD!
Last edited by cakes on Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The All New Gear Liquidation Thread

1979 50w Marshall JMP. Recently serviced and passed with flying colors. Somehow, 50w just isnt loud enough for my personal needs. That being said, trades for similar 100w JMP or JCM 800 combo would be considered. or anything Science related.

Comes with T3120 labeled G-12 65 speakers.

$1900

will drive/meet up within 4 hours of pittsburgh. not trying to ship this...
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (83.72 KiB) Viewed 4493 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (75.91 KiB) Viewed 4493 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (99.51 KiB) Viewed 4493 times

I'm selling the green kit, if anyone's looking for that "big drum" sound for less than a thousand dollars. For the uninitiated, the green kit is a custom made drum kit with Keller maple shells and includes a 10 ply kick, 8 ply floor, 6 ply tom. Lovingly made by my dear friend and forever bandmate, Nick Smalkowski, who makes all his own drums (see Fake Limbs, Djunna for sounds).

I've got some awesomely trashy cymbals, a ludwig metal snare, and hand-me-down stands to go with it, no extra charge. The kick will come with a Tuxedo softshell case. Features all high end hardware on the drums themselves.

This kit has served me and the PRF well over the years. It needs new heads, otherwise they are as prestine as ever. I just want to see them go to a new home where they will be used. I don't play drums, or have a spot to play drums, so I'd rather see someone from here take these and run with them, instead of having them languish in storage.

They can be yours with the PRF member discount of $800, for pickup only (located in Chicago).

[EDIT: SOLD] Also up for sale is my GK800RB that I used in Fake Limbs. Has a custom DI mod and comes in a flight case. PRF forum member discount is $400. I'll ship it in the US, but it would cost about $90.
Last edited by cakes on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

cakes wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:52 pm I'm selling the green kit, if anyone's looking for that "big drum" sound for less than a thousand dollars. For the uninitiated, the green kit is a custom made drum kit with Keller maple shells and includes a 10 ply kick, 8 ply floor, 6 ply tom. Lovingly made by my dear friend and forever bandmate, Nick Smalkowski, who makes all his own drums (see Fake Limbs, Djunna for sounds).

I've got some awesomely trashy cymbals, a ludwig metal snare, and hand-me-down stands to go with it, no extra charge. The kick will come with a Tuxedo softshell case. Features all high end hardware on the drums themselves.

This kit has served me and the PRF well over the years. It needs new heads, otherwise they are as prestine as ever. I just want to see them go to a new home where they will be used. I don't play drums, or have a spot to play drums, so I'd rather see someone from here take these and run with them, instead of having them languish in storage.

They can be yours with the PRF member discount of $800, for pickup only (located in Chicago).
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
guitar in - weaklungband.bandcamp.com/

Anyone need a high gain amp?

I have a Laney AOR 50 Series II head that was given to me DOA by a friend. It was just a dead power tube, and the set was replaced with a used but good set of Mesa branded EL34s. The power transformer has been replaced at some point with a toroidal type, but the voltages are correct to the schematic so it's functionally the same. The choke has been replaced with a high power wirewound resistor, a la Hiwatt. Front has "DEALER" spray painted on it. Back panel is missing. Sounds nice to me and its a shockingly well made amp for the prices they seem to command.

It seems that in stock condition they sell for around $500, so i'm guessing $400 in its current state is more appropriate?

More pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151433291 ... 337424430/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thetonyballs/

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:31 pm The power transformer has been replaced at some point with a toroidal type, but the voltages are correct to the schematic so it's functionally the same.
I'm pretty sure that's original, especially with that properly-sized pass-through grommet and the brown thread-locker on the mounting bolt. I've seen other AORs with toroids before. Laney has moved to using toroids in quite a few of their amps.

Nate Dort wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:59 am
Dr Tony Balls wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:31 pm The power transformer has been replaced at some point with a toroidal type, but the voltages are correct to the schematic so it's functionally the same.
I'm pretty sure that's original, especially with that properly-sized pass-through grommet and the brown thread-locker on the mounting bolt. I've seen other AORs with toroids before. Laney has moved to using toroids in quite a few of their amps.
Ahhhh good to know! And that one has the power resistor instead of the choke as well, which means this one is basically stock.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thetonyballs/