Motley Crue: Too Fast for Love

Crap
Total votes: 13 (46%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 15 (54%)
Total votes: 28

Re: Album: Motley Crue - Too Fast for Love

Teacher's Pet wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:48 am
rsmurphy wrote: Leathür Records pressing fucks trains.
Is this the "natural speed" version that came out first, which someone once told me about?

After I heard about that, the standard version always sounded sped up to me, and Vince sounds like a chipmunk anyway.

There's lots to hate here, and fuck Mötley Crüe, but this is a pretty cool album, at whatever speed. Not crap.
It's the original version, but I've never heard anything concerning natural speed. Mostly, the guitar sounds more gnarly and there is the admission of "Stick to Your Guns."

Vince Neil is terrible. He's always been terrible. He can't sing, and not in that charming Dylan way. Vince Neil is the luckiest, most privileged motherfucker. Dude needs beaucoup self-awareness.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

Re: Album: Motley Crue - Too Fast for Love

biscuitdough wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:40 pm An old friend of mine used to get really bent up about how everyone else in this band could play guitar better than the guitarist. It's probably true for the vocalist, too.
a favorite Christgau slam that bears repeating. On Shout at the Devil Robert writes: "Still, I must mention Mick Mars's dork-fingered guitar before getting to the one truly remarkable thing about this record: a track called "Ten Seconds To Love" in which Vince Neil actually seems to boast about how fast he can ejaculate." Dork-Fingered. So great.

One would think I'd feel ill at ease dropping all this Crue science, but nah.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell