Crap or Not Crap?

Crap
Total votes: 4 (20%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 16 (80%)
Total votes: 20

Re: Band: PLOSIVS (John Reis/Rob Crow thing)

Adam_I_III wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:19 am The compression or something on the new one makes me feel really quite dizzy. I really like their Tar-meets pop use of colliding chords, but I can't listen that that new one. It's almost like that sickness one (can't be just me) gets from one side being accidentally phase reversed, but it can't be that or it'd be largely silent on phone speakers etc!
Last Hot Snakes was a bit that way - just really dizzying and sea-sicky to listen to. I have no technical idea why.

honeyisfunny wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:29 am
Adam_I_III wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:19 am The compression or something on the new one makes me feel really quite dizzy. I really like their Tar-meets pop use of colliding chords, but I can't listen that that new one. It's almost like that sickness one (can't be just me) gets from one side being accidentally phase reversed, but it can't be that or it'd be largely silent on phone speakers etc!
Last Hot Snakes was a bit that way - just really dizzying and sea-sicky to listen to. I have no technical idea why.
I think it's their "everything in the red" production aesthetic. When you overdrive all of the drum tracks all of the cymbal bleed gets cranked and swirly

honeyisfunny wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:29 am
Is very true. Makes my ears hot and then I want a nap. Stupid old ears!

Tuolumne wrote: Anybody going to this in Portland tonight? I have two tickets and I'm on the fence. I heard Reis is COVID positive, so it'll be a trio...
Dang, eh.

After getting Covid in the audience at a club show the weekend before last, I've been wondering how long club tours will go before more band members get it. Saw GY!BE last month and their whole thing is big stage, no audience interaction, no vocals, no jumping around, so they all wore N95s on stage no prob. Worked perfectly with their whole aesthetic and vibe. But sweaty little rock bands belting out songs on little club stages? I don't see how people make it through those tours without getting the fever.

They lifted all restrictions here mid-March, and conveniently stopped releasing daily Covid data too, and the virus has been ricocheting everywhere. Bunch of people I know have got it in the last 3 weeks after going 2 years without catching it.

Yeah it sucks, I know Swami caught it too (he posted about it yesterday) and he is sitting out a few shows until he is negative and can meet back up with the band.

I feel like every band I know who is touring right now is getting hit with cases already and causing missed shows and fucking up whole tours.
guitar in - weaklungband.bandcamp.com/

Owen wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:52 pm Yeah it sucks, I know Swami caught it too (he posted about it yesterday) and he is sitting out a few shows until he is negative and can meet back up with the band.

I feel like every band I know who is touring right now is getting hit with cases already and causing missed shows and fucking up whole tours.
Yep. I kinda figured this one would have gotten cancelled since they no doubt were exposed.
2 all uh me