LCD Soundsystem

CRAP
Total votes: 3 (30%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 7 (70%)
Total votes: 10

Re: Band: LCD Soundsystem

This is a perfect example of a band whose marketing made me decide I hated them with very little actual listening. It was electronic, east coast, hipster, viral, widely promoted, had to suck right? Wrong.

I don't love them, but I've actually pumped the breaks and listened and I can say that I like them. No, not terribly original but as someone who is still borrowing heavily from Jawbreaker and Husker Du, how could I knock on someone making well-crafted albums heavily indebted to Talking Heads?

NC

dontfeartheringo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:12 am I fucking love this band. The first record is unfuckwithable.

You nerds need to get out and get some sun or something.
Yeah, it's like some of you (NOT ALL, but some) are just afraid of having a good time.

Next you're gonna start saying that ABBA doesn't kick ass.
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen

Current -
Future Living / Daddy's Boy / Blank Banker / Solo

Fomer -
Hungry Man / No Trust / Retreaters

four_oclocker_2.2 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:14 pm
dontfeartheringo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:12 am I fucking love this band. The first record is unfuckwithable.

You nerds need to get out and get some sun or something.
Yeah, it's like some of you (NOT ALL, but some) are just afraid of having a good time.
Few things in my life have ever been as fun as singing along to "North American Scum" in the fish cleaning room at T'snow.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

penningtron wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:55 am reminds me of whatever they're ripping off and I'd rather just listen to that.
Normally, with other artists I'm with you on this.

However, somehow the way Murphy pays homage (as a writer/performer that's his talent, really) is endearing, and while it may (and often does) remind me of X (for example, "All I Want" is his homage to Bowie's "Heroes"), his renditions, if we can call them that, do not make me want to hear the honored, they just make me smile and think, yeah, [Heroes] is one of the greatest songs ever.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale