Who has fallen lower?

Jane's Addiction
Total votes: 7 (33%)
Ministry
Total votes: 14 (67%)
Total votes: 21

Re: Reputation-ruiner-dome: Jane’s Addiction vs Ministry

Tough pole seeing as I'm miles out of the loop and havent heard shit from either band since the 90's.

Bought $5 LP copy of "Mind is a Terrible..." recently. Only the first track did much for me and that was probably just the last wispy contrails of nostalgia.

Wouldnt mind hearing some of "Filth Pig" again. Or Psalm 69. Remember liking that slow "Scarecrow" track.

JA, I think I liked the 3 long tracks on the b-side of Ritual and thats it.

Wood Goblin wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 am Even though (a) the lyrics are a bunch of pretentious “threesome something something Jesus” hogwash, and (b) the instrumental parts sound like Ratt + a drum circle, I still like “Three Days.” But that’s the only JA song I have time for.
My fave on Ritual is "The She Did." Works for me to this day.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

joelb wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:19 am This man was 30 when this embarassment was recorded. It makes sense that I didn't notice in high school, but yeesh.
Hahaha, this is how I feel about 90% of the stuff I listened to between the ages of 12 and 19.

When I reached my late 20s and early 30s and realized that most of the music I admired in my teen years was made by (mostly men) in their 20s through mid-to-late 30s and could be so relatable to a 14 year old living in the burbs with their parents, I just ended up feeling embarrassed for everyone involved.

That's right, I'm looking right at you Morrissey! (and Paul Westerberg, et al...)