Re: A Few New Projects

jorsh wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:42 pm
still haven't gotten to really crank it, but i was able to do some tracking with The Clydesdale this weekend. this thing is just so enjoyable to play. can barely walk by it without picking it up.
and *Nigel voice* the SUSTAIN.......
i don't need to tell any of you, but Century Guitars = NOT CRAP

*also bumped into my desk and put my first nice gouge in the wood because i am a clumsy sloth.
the rutabega | forestlike | jwh

jorsh wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:22 pm
still haven't gotten to really crank it, but i was able to do some tracking with The Clydesdale this weekend. this thing is just so enjoyable to play. can barely walk by it without picking it up.

*also bumped into my desk and put my first nice gouge in the wood because i am a clumsy sloth.
It means a lot to me that you enjoy the guitar. In the interest of making these working people's guitars the finish is Tru-Oil, which is a gun stock finish that can be patched, filled or redone easily. just use a fine paint brush to fill the ding if you find it bothers you.

c jury wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:58 pm
jorsh wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:22 pm

It means a lot to me that you enjoy the guitar. In the interest of making these working people's guitars the finish is Tru-Oil, which is a gun stock finish that can be patched, filled or redone easily. just use a fine paint brush to fill the ding if you find it bothers you.
Cheers. Doubt it will bug me (can relax a little more now that I broke the seal), but good to know!
the rutabega | forestlike | jwh

As requested- #14 finished up and delivered to the new owner.
#16 receiver- polished, drilled and ready for assembly.
#17 Clydesdale neck is shaped, smoothed and sanded to #120. hope to get it to #320 and attach the fretboard.
and got started on the pickguard- I got a set of 4 anodized 'artwork' aluminum sheets, 16" x 24" x 0.065" thick for $2 total, as opposed to $30 each for new sheets- so will sand off the blue.

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:18 pm
Krev wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:11 pm Woah, aluminum-necked Warlock. The intersection of Duane Denison and Lita Ford.
Ahem, that's a Rich Bich. Still very Lita, though.

But why are the E strings not in the nut?
My mistake! Should have said Joe Perry. I have an old Eagle, and can appreciate a BCR.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:18 pm
Krev wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:11 pm Woah, aluminum-necked Warlock. The intersection of Duane Denison and Lita Ford.
Ahem, that's a Rich Bich. Still very Lita, though.

But why are the E strings not in the nut?
I was still in the process of cutting the (brass) nut.

I'm unsure how much a slob of 6061 T6 Aluminum big and deep enough to mount a 2 post trem/block/cavity would weigh, but it would be well over 12 pounds for the body alone.