Titane

CRAP
Total votes: 4 (50%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 4 (50%)
Total votes: 8

Re: Film: Titane

enframed wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:27 pm I cannot understand why TItane won the Palme d'Or, unless it's just a French pride thing. If that is the best France has to offer though...
I don't say this often, but that film repulsed me for real for real; I turned it off in a fit of disgust. Julia Ducournau is saying something but I can't seem to grasp what it is. Weird, because I had a grand time with Catherine Breillat's Anatomy of Hell. No accounting for my taste.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:12 pm
enframed wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:27 pm I cannot understand why TItane won the Palme d'Or, unless it's just a French pride thing. If that is the best France has to offer though...
Julia Ducournau is saying something but I can't seem to grasp what it is.
I have read a few reviews and they are unconvincing that there is much of anything there; I don't think there is a lot being said. Didn't stop me from enjoying it though. Maybe the absurdity is most what appeals to me.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

I get the eye rolling but I loved it! I think the first third is kind of weak but it really pays off in the final act. Vincent Lindon and Agatha Rousselle's performances were really touching. Julia Ducournau managed to put a lot of heart into the script and I think the weirdness and violence ultimately served the characters and left me with a tear in my eye. The sweetest horror film I think I've seen?!
Mooner | Gerund | The Ugly Bishops | Solo