Re: Wordle

Love it. It’s a fun little challenge to start the day. We share our results daily in a group chat I have with a few friends, and we’re all dads so it checks out. I’m riding a 36-day streak currently.

I play this every day and it’s a fun little brain teaser. I think the idea of scoring just on attempts is kind of bullshit though. You’re a “good player” by virtue of building on what you know from previous moves; efficiently eliminating letters and moving known letters into place. There’s a lot of luck in just picking a good starter or not. I also don’t think it addresses duplicate letters well. If you guess a letter that’s duplicated it would be nice to be made aware. Or even better just not have solutions with dupes.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

I agree with you guys. I've been playing it on and off for the month and it can be a nice quick brain teaser. Never more than five minutes, which ends up also being unfulfilling. I usually play the NYT crossword or Spelling Bee puzzles, which can eat up hours if you're doing a Sunday crossword or get a Spelling Bee with tons of possible combinations.

The social element is interesting. The way it's time-restricted. How that all helped to give it more longevity, that's interesting. The way people responded. Things to be learned there, if you design games (I design games).

I'd had enough pretty soon though. And "hard" mode may as well be "blind luck" mode.