How "du" you like your 'luth?

Hot as fuck. (No votes)
Cold as fuck.
Total votes: 13 (100%)
Total votes: 13

Re: Duluth: Georgia Vs Minnesota

I fucking love Duluth MN. (caveat, I'm from Northern Ontario so brutal winters don't affect me emotionally)

I went there 10+ years ago for a work contract, expecting it to suck. I didn't rent a car because my hotel was near enough to the factory - the old engineer I was lined up to meet was super bummed I wasn't going to get out and enjoy the town so he insisted on giving me his car for the week "So long as you can give me a ride home tonight."

I wanted to buy Surly beer, so I googled beer, and found a liquor store and a brewery but they also had the same address as the hotel. I went outside, couldn't see either - not that it was a plaza or anything. Went inside and the front desk told me they're actually UNDER the hotel, there's a whole tunnel system, brewery was second floor down, liquor store third. Amazing.
I bought stuff from the WholeFoods CO-OP and everyone who worked there rocked - tipped me off to shows in town.

Old engineer took me out later that week for softball steaks and went to a great indie rock bar bar that had karaoke. He brought out a ziplock bag of pre-rolls betraying his age, and a couple hours later I had to carry him home and put him to bed.
Guy had two PHDs and was brilliant the whole week. I drove his subaru up and down lake superior like he said I had to.

Every person I met was nice, cool, and had a zillion hobbies - city seemed well taken care of and full of life, even in the dead of winter.
I fucking love Duluth

if you're ever there - stay at Fitger's Inn!

Re: Duluth: Georgia Vs Minnesota

kicker_of_elves wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:31 am
ErickC wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:09 pm but Minnesotans are idiots, too.
Defend your premise. Cite sources.
They elected Jesse Ventura.

I'm not saying that Minnesotans are necessarily any more daft than the people from surrounding states, but I've lived here almost my whole life and they're the particular group of fools I am surrounded by every day, so they get my ire. Also they can't fucking drive. The only thing worse than a Minnesota driver is a Wisconsin driver. And it's really only the difference between driving 10 under the posted speed in the wrong lane (lutefisk monkeys) versus 15 under the posted speed in the wrong lane (cheese monkeys).
Total_douche, MSW, LICSW (lulz)