Recent releases by Tired of Triangles

Hey y'all. If you care, I have an on-and-off, guitar-oriented solo project called Tired of Triangles that put out a couple of releases in 2022.

These will be "Pay What You Like" (that is, free, potentially) on Bandcamp for another week.

They can also be found on Spotify, and have YouTube audio videos (see below).

In February came "Stark Geography" ^^. It's a moody piece geared for winter in the tropics.

And about a week ago, I finished "Z.F.G. (Revamped Version)" ^^. It's a retooling of a track from a few years back. More maximalist than the others, not naturalistic, but sounds good loud.

That's all for now. Have at it if you're keen.

Cheers,

Dave
Last edited by DaveA on Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

Re: Recent releases by Tired of Triangles

Related somewhat to this on-and-off solo project, I belong to a duo named Leila M. & Tired of Triangles. The other member is my friend Leila, also a multidisciplinary artist, whose instrument of choice is the Persian tanbur (I play guitar). We've put out a few tracks in the "rock meets Middle Eastern"/"other" music vein. These tracks had never been bunched together and made available on platforms beyond Bandcamp and YouTube. So we've put this together . . .

It's all of the hits, but with two of the tracks given new and improved mixes in 2023. It was mastered by FM Goosman and the cover art is a painting of Leila's.

If you like, you can download it on Bandcamp here (Pay What You Like for the next seven days).

It can also be streamed on Spotify here, and purchased on iTunes here. It should be on TIDAL too, but I don't know the URL offhand.

Anyway, yeah, music . . . woo!

Here's a band photo in which I'm sleep deprived and look like kind of a prick:

Have at it if you're keen. Cheers.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

Whew! Have been high on stress while bringing this to light, but am pleased to report that today marks the release of the Tired of Triangles cover of "Stealaway" by the late Epic Soundtracks . . .

In addition to it being available on YouTube, the song can be streamed/downloaded on Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify, TIDAL, and Amazon.

Am pretty happy with how it turned out. If you haven't heard the original song, it's streamable here. That version is somewhat Spector/"wall of sound"-esque, whereas this one is a little more stripped down while still maintaining most of the chord structures and rhythmic pulses of the original. It was fun, but also a little stressful, making this.

Enjoy, if such a thing might be up your alley. Cheers.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

DaveA wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:14 pm Hey y'all. If you care, I have an on-and-off, guitar-oriented solo project called Tired of Triangles that put out a couple of releases in 2022.

These will be "Pay What You Like" (that is, free, potentially) on Bandcamp for another week.

They can also be found on Spotify, and have YouTube audio videos (see below).

In February came "Stark Geography" ^^. It's a moody piece geared for winter in the tropics.

And about a week ago, I finished "Z.F.G. (Revamped Version)" ^^. It's a retooling of a track from a few years back. More maximalist than the others, not naturalistic, but sounds good loud.

That's all for now. Have at it if you're keen.

Cheers,

Dave
I like the first version. Continue to do this.
"There's a felling I get when I look to the west"
"When the meaningful words. When they cease to function. When there's nothing to say."

Mickey242 wrote: I like the first version. Continue to do this.
Thanks! Am trying to stay motivated about completing and releasing things, but there's usually a period of needing to relax a while after anything gets put out.

At the moment I'm plotting to re-record the New Tele Plays EP; the playing was fine on the original but have grown to feel irritated about the recording, so a re-do is necessary. The Kaji-Pup YouTube channel, by the by, is usually the first place where any of these things will emerge on the internets. Cheers.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

Yo! This comes out on September 13th, on professionally replicated CD and digital download as well as streaming:

Tracklisting is:

1. Seldom on the Same Page
2. Sound of the Rain
3. Not Your Devil: A Diptych
4. Stark Geography
5. Stealaway
6. Can’t Complain (About That Either)
7. Fetching Lady Novelist
8. Kaji, Let Me Sleep

It's all killer no filler, in and out in just shy of 26 minutes. Overall, I think the quality of the songwriting and recording are a big step up from the first CD.

I will mail a free shrinkwrapped copy to the first PRFer who can correctly guess which album the above cover is an homage to, if anyone's game. You can hear what some of these songs sound like via the YouTube videos above. If nobody cares about any of this, that's fine; you do you.

Later!
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .

Okay . . . is this thing on? Can anybody here be arsed to care? Well, in the event I’m not just fellating myself now, the new Tired of Triangles album is out today, on CD and digital download, as well as streaming. Eight lean and mean tracks of guitar-oriented goodness, ranging from punky full-band numbers to more atmospheric instrumentals. Recorded over a period of a year and a half, it sounds nice on a proper stereo. CD orders come with a free 1.5” button with The Havanese album cover on them.

Available here on Bandcamp:

I'd love to dispatch copies if anyone's game.

You can also stream the album on Spotify, TIDAL, Apple Music, and YouTube.

Here's what the merch looks like:

Cheers.
ZzzZzzZzzz . . .