Infini (No votes)
Target Earth (No votes)
The Wake
Total votes: 3 (5%)
Synchro Anarchy (No votes)
Total votes: 60

Re: Discography: Voivod

Hey, I've never heard this band before.

First song on Nothingface had a really cool cyber intro but then it started sounding kinda lame. But Dimension Hatross is like death metal minus the vocals plus Converge-style dissonant dual riffs plus postpunk. Love the sound of the guitars and drums. Clean and clear but still with that 80s thrash grittiness.

The record covers are top notch.
born to give

Re: Discography: Voivod

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:49 am With very little conviction, I finally plumped for:

Phobos
Angel Rat
Dimension: Hatross
Nothingface

On another day, those final three could well be swapped out for others. I think Phobos lasts the course though.
Just gave Phobos a listen, and it’s better than I remember. The only time I ever saw them was when they were touring for Negatron (95?), and I was unaware of the lineup change. While it was cool to see Piggy and Away, I really hoped to see Blackie and Snake. It was in an empty club, and they didn’t play anything from their 80s output except “Astronomy Domine”. For some reason, my friend Aaron and I started yelling “Let ‘er rip, tater chip!” in between songs, and E-force wasn’t sure what to make of it. He politely chuckled and carried on.