?

Procrastination over
Total votes: 4 (29%)
I know why you suffer
Total votes: 10 (71%)
Total votes: 14

Re: Short song-dome: S.O.D. vs Napalm Death

M.H wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:10 am Big ND fan here, but S.O.D did it first.

(Yes, demo recordings, Wehrmacht's 'E', blah blah blah - S.O.D. got it on wax first and that counts for something.)

And (taking into account the B-side), SEoD>Scum (though the A-side of Scum on it's own presents a very tough contest). SEoD is an incredible record.
A-side of is one of the best sides of music during my lifetime, b-side is a dry-run/demo for FETO IMO. I never play the b-side; FETO and Peel sessions nailed that sound MUCH better; A side is magical to me...

Fuck Billy Milano, though I'd be remiss if I didn't admit to this thread provoking me into putting on "Milano Mosh." That is one back-breaking riff. Luckily back-breaking riffs in metal are legion so I don't need to resort to listening to that abject tool. He should expatriate like Chris Holmes; get the fuck out of the country and good luck finding someplace where you can live among your own. I have a complicated relationship with SEoD (moreso with USA for MOD but that's for a different thread), but if I hated music because of the block-headed views behind some of its creators I wouldn't be listening to a lot of music.

Refusing to vote because both songs are dumb.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:15 am Fuck Billy Milano, though I'd be remiss if I didn't admit to this thread provoking me into putting on "Milano Mosh." That is one back-breaking riff.
Every now and again I get the urge to listen to a couple of songs off of SEoD, but his Archie Bunker-of-metal schtick wore thin on me pretty early. When I was a teenager I saw MOD open for Exodus and decided Milano was an assclown who no longer deserved my attention.

Milano was living here in Austin and running sound at at various bars for awhile. Not sure if he still does.

I’ll go with Napalm Death.

Dave N wrote:Milano was living here in Austin and running sound at at various bars for awhile. Not sure if he still does.
Still confused about why someone would write a song like "A.I.D.S." or "Aren't You Hungry?" or even S.O.D.'s "Speak English or Die" and move to a progressive city like Austin.

Never saw S.O.D./M.O.D. for the same reasons I never saw Slayer: the small coterie of their fans that make me deeply uncomfortable. Had enough of their bullshit in high school, but I can't deny the riffs, rhythms, and aggressive tunes of SEoD. Shame their singer is such an idiot.

Krev wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:30 pm While in shitty taste, Ian and Lilker have always insisted S.O.D. was a joke.
But yet went on to record "Aren't You Hungry?" by M.O.D. with the hilarious line "so fuck those nigger's charity." I can allow Ian, Lilker, and Benante the privilege of ignorance, but I know a bigot like Milano when introduced. It doesn't keep me from enjoying the brontosaurean stomp of "March of the S.O.D.," just as Chris Holmes (or Lawless for that matter) will ever dissever my love for the absolutely blistering s/t debut from WASP.

They should thank me for being one of the good ones, as I've heard so many times as a teen. I'm starting to believe them!