Crap or Not Crap?

Crap
Total votes: 5 (36%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 9 (64%)
Total votes: 14

Re: Comedian: John Mulaney

I couldn't give two hoots about his infidelity or cocaine use. Other people's marriages are none of my business. I think it's dopey how judgemental people can be about celebrities. I never took John Mulaney into my heart as a model of ethical behaviour.

I just thought his latest special was patchy. The watch was the most unscandalous drug story of all time - you lost a few thousand dollars you could easily afford in a disadvantageous financial transaction? Oh my! - rehab wasn't funny and that whole Al Pacino bit was just awful, cringey. I saw him before when I guess he was blasted on coke and he was much tighter, but it also probably helped that he wasn't feeling obliged to tell his boring rehab story. I went in positive but he outstayed his welcome with me this time.

Could be the problem is with me.

Re: Comedian: John Mulaney

Watched the new special last night, really enjoyed it. The GQ bit at the end in particular had us bawling. Not crap
ChudFusk wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:13 pmBo Burnham
Seems like a talented guy, etc, but crap.
biscuitdough wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:55 pmDid Bill Hicks have a single funny bit, ever?
Not that I recall either
ChudFusk wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:57 pm
AdamN wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:24 pmConnor O'Malley
the fucking greatest
Agreed. Jack Bensinger is great too, in a similar vein. I was sad when he left Chicago for LA, his shows were always unpredictable and hilarious. I hope he does well there though.