Xx Xx 2 shah888 bring-in $0.50____shah888 folds
Xx Xx 9 Namrepus folds
Xx Xx 5 newdeal135 calls $0.50____newdeal135 calls $0.50
Xx Xx T Bacadide folds
Xx Xx 4 djyib folds
Xx Xx 4 Xntryk folds
A 9 A WillGraham raises to $1
Xx Xx 6 TheToastrOven folds

--no real questions here. it's.a clear raise.

Fourth Street: ($4.50) (2 players)
A 9 A 6 WillGraham bets $1____WillGraham calls $1
Xx Xx 5 A newdeal135 raises to $2

--i fucked this up and right as i was clicking "bet" my brain was thinking "what the fuck are you doing" - this should be check call, i believe. clubs are very live.

Fifth Street: ($8.50) (2 players)
Xx Xx 5 A Q newdeal135 bets $2
A 9 A 6 J WillGraham calls $2

--not much changes here, catching a club is nice, but not thrilled with him leading out again.

Sixth Street: ($12.50) (2 players)
Xx Xx 5 A Q K newdeal135 checks____newdeal135 calls $2
A 9 A 6 J 7 WillGraham bets $2

--picked up another club, another low card and i think my board is pretty scary. he shows weakness so i think this is a no brainer to bet.

Seventh Street: ($16.50) (2 players)
Xx Xx 5 A Q K Xx newdeal135 checks
A 9 A 6 J 7 2 WillGraham checks

--i figured out how to hide results, just like back in the old days! i river another low card and another club. this is another 7th street where i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do. can i bet one pair of aces for the thinnest of value here? i feel like my board looks like a potential low so i may get called by worse pairs but anything better is calling or raising. i like that i picked up more low cards and clubs but if i get a call i think that means they are more likely to have hit two pair.

Re: Another Stud 8 Hand

Prisonrape wrote: Well played. I bet the river because I’m me and they can figure out a way to pay off with one pair. I actually think this is a clear bet.
i think you're right.

i get stuck in this internal conversation of assuming that i won't get called so it's not a bet. i think it is partially fear of being raised and then not knowing what to do, especially in a split pot game where opponent could be free rolling the low. but in this case, that isn't reasonable as i'm showing four low cards, so that's not going to happen. i think it's a bet fold.

Hi! There are actually times where its reasonable to limp/overlimp a pair of aces ( this one is a decent candidate for it with 9 dead and it being AAh and not AAl ) but not the ideal spot for it. I wouldn't really give that much consideration ever, I'm just saying it is a question worth asking yourself. Like if utg limp and youre next, and there are a ton of low doors, its not the worst idea then. You're disguised, you can get out cheap if the action gets super weird on early streets, and you can balance with the rare Ace low low overlimps that can be implemented from time to time. Anyhow, youd be fine to never think about what I just wrote ever again tbh, because it's just a dumb consideration once in a blue moon that doesnt need to occupy any bandwith in your brain

4th I'm glad you can recognize that your range prefers check here, in this spot specifically

5th Now is a pretty nice time to raise, especially with 4,4,2 dead and get extra value for your aces. If all the wheel cards and all of the clubs were live you can mix in a call on 5th

6th good

7th mandatory bet. Especially when you don't raise 5th and he cant put you on anything but a low draw or shitty pair, you get looked up by any pair. If you raise 5th, you still have to bet 7th because you could be bluffraising 5th to set up a bluff in a spot like this that could get a fold from one pair the times you have no pair.

If you don't jam Fourth (you can mix this) you should raise Fifth.

The best low board has a natural raise Fourth and natural lead Fifth, and lots of ways Sixth can come to not allow you to get full value. With a hand like Aces and no backdoor low you want to find the spot to get one raise in good, and either Fourth or Fifth allow you to do that. The mix should depend on how likely a hand like (46)5A will be to barrel a brick or pair on Fifth. If they barrel based on their low lead then you can wait and raise Fifth. If they're timid about leading no-pair on Fifth you can raise Fourth because you need to get value and will always get the free one on Fifth when you want it.

I bet the river in most games unless I see something in their demeanor change and convince me they got strong on the end.

thanks for the thoughts on 5th.

didn't consider dead fours.

i'm glad that we're doing this because i have more time at work (also i'm quiet quitting) and i can look back at these hands, your thoughts and run the numbers on the propokertools windows program as i use a mac at home and it doesn't work there.

i will probably try to find tipping points here to help with my thought process.