Re: Forum Glitches - Please Post Issues You’re Having Here

Repost from other thread (if already considered, please disregard):

The majority of the time, after I hit "Submit" to post a reply, I'm met with "This page isn't working right now", which leads to confusion whether my response was actually posted. The first few times this happened, I went back and submitted my response again, only to find out that I've now double-posted. It's been like this for a while, and happens on both my PC and my iPhone.

Also, e-mail notifications haven't worked in a long time.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

looks like a lot of these issues may be tied to the version of phpBB we are using, there is a new version so i will do an update sometime this week, see if that fixes the problem.

i’ve gotten the blank screen after hitting “submit” a few times, if you hit back, it takes you back to a blank submittal page but your new post is there.

also trying to figure out why www.electricalaudio.com is sending to the unencrypted version of the page instead of the https.

akosinski wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:39 pm when you say “email notifications” what are you talking about.

what type of email notifications were you receiving before that no longer work?
Yeah, I have had all of these options set, yet have not received an e-mail from the forum in a long time, maybe a year (when forum v2.0 came onboard ~ mid-2021, it was working). Also, I hear that there are folks having trouble recovering accounts after forgetting their password; I'm guessing this might have something to do with it.

jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

jfv wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:44 pm
akosinski wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:39 pm when you say “email notifications” what are you talking about.

what type of email notifications were you receiving before that no longer work?
Yeah, I have had all of these options set, yet have not received an e-mail from the forum in a long time, maybe a year (when forum v2.0 came onboard ~ mid-2021, it was working).
Same here. Everything set, no emails are ever received.
"I got to tell you, if I went to a show and an opening band I never heard of lugged a Super Six on stage, I am paying attention." - Owen