Re: Things you just won't sell

I won't sell my EGC series one bass. it's simply the best bass I ever owned!

will also not sell my Mesa 400 with 1 15 and 2 10 cabs. it's just too perfect. and nobody around here will pay even close as much as I would let it go for.
even tried to sell my SVT II but stopped listing it because there was no interest at a very modest price.

other than that, everything can go. I definitely own too many mics. I'll try to sell most of what I actually don't use.

Mickey242 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:49 pm 2 AKG C 414 B-ULS's.
Any of my Altec stuff.
We just found 2 bUls the silver ones in a box at work that aren't part of inventory... just something that was purchased as part of some corporate budget for something decades ago that we're probably never used. It was like that end scene of the good the bad and the ugly with the other dudes I work with. Who draws first? Cause these are basically invisible to the giant corporate shoe company I work for. The 2 younger guys I work with were confused at why the switches were different, and why the didn't have 5 patterns.
Was Japmn.

New OST project: https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/flight-ost
https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/numberwitch
https://boneandbell.com/site/music.html

Kniferide wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:42 pm
Mickey242 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:49 pm 2 AKG C 414 B-ULS's.
Any of my Altec stuff.
We just found 2 bUls the silver ones in a box at work that aren't part of inventory... just something that was purchased as part of some corporate budget for something decades ago that we're probably never used. It was like that end scene of the good the bad and the ugly with the other dudes I work with. Who draws first? Cause these are basically invisible to the giant corporate shoe company I work for. The 2 younger guys I work with were confused at why the switches were different, and why the didn't have 5 patterns.
Yes steal those for yourself! They where the last series with transformers. Great in ORTF or Mid-side.
"There's a felling I get when I look to the west"
"When the meaningful words. When they cease to function. When there's nothing to say."

The only stuff for me is either sentimental (like my baritone, because it's the first instrument that really 'clicked' for me) or anything that would be a GIANT pain in the ass to replace. The latter is a pain point because some of it's sitting there unused and my brain just goes "what happens if you want that sound in x months or years; what if you're able to turn that amp up fully in your next place?".

Getting rid of stuff is incredibly therapeutic.
As I've gotten older I've found the easiest way to soften getting rid of 'nice' stuff is to remember that it may end up in the hands of someone that goes on to really love it and make something great with it. It might end up being 'that' thing for them.