Re: Massively Overrated Stuff

jfv wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:02 pm
Wood Goblin wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:47 pm Hot alcoholic beverages. All of them. At best, they’re so-so. At worst, revolting.

Sangria.
I get it, but..

Christmas market in Nuremberg.. warm spiced wine.. 35F.. light snow.. no wind.. wood fire.. least sucky thing ever.
AGREE. If you are in Germany during November/December the Christkindlmarkts are a must. As is the Glühwein. In recent years I’ve been all about the Weißer one. I think I hit 13 of those markets 2 X-mas ago. These really only work though when you are outside in the cold.
self: https://tommiles.bandcamp.com/
old: https://shiiin.bandcamp.com/

boilermaker wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:51 am
Wood Goblin wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:47 pm Hot alcoholic beverages. All of them. At best, they’re so-so. At worst, revolting.

Sangria.
Are they really rated high? I rarely hear about them
The "spiced wine" mentioned (Glühwein or glögg) is the only one I know to be prevalent, and that as regional to Germany and Scandinavia. I've had warm sake once and it's not crap. I know cognac is also sometimes heated. But I didn't take to be a common thing.
born to give

kokorodoko wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:30 am The "spiced wine" mentioned (Glühwein or glögg) is the only one I know to be prevalent, and that as regional to Germany and Scandinavia.
Also in the UK as mulled wine (or cider). Mulling got us through a case of otherwise undrinkable Bulgarian red wine one Christmas. Underrated, if you ask me.

pldms wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:31 pm
kokorodoko wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:30 am The "spiced wine" mentioned (Glühwein or glögg) is the only one I know to be prevalent, and that as regional to Germany and Scandinavia.
Also in the UK as mulled wine (or cider). Mulling got us through a case of otherwise undrinkable Bulgarian red wine one Christmas. Underrated, if you ask me.
Oh and apparently hot wine is a thing with the French too:

(17:50, 19:30)

born to give

Revolver. There’s a couple really good tracks, a couple decent ones that would have been way better if they were longer and allowed to develop more in intensity, a bunch of “meh” ones, and some of the absolute most boring songs they ever put to tape (staring at you, Doctor Robert). I have never understood why so many people consider it one of the greatest albums of all time, even when I was a Beatles-obsessed youth.