Who would you rather go on a date with?

Deborah Harry
Total votes: 9 (82%)
Wendy O Williams
Total votes: 2 (18%)
Total votes: 11

Re: Dinner and a movie with….

DH was my first crush as a kid. The Heart of Glass promo vid gave little Grammy the feels first time ever. Plus in interviews she seems a hoot.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

penningtron wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:43 am I feel like W.O.W. would be a better story. Maybe after the movie we could go chainsaw some cars together.

As attractive as DH is I think the Rapture rap would be looping thru my head the whole time.
“Let’s see, I’ll have a glass of the Pinot Noir, the mussels, and Cadillacs and Lincolns, too.”

“Very funny.”

“How does the chef prepare the Mercuries and Subarus?”

Harry. I feel like we'd have way more in common (a fondness for the Contortions, for one). And she's a downtown scene queen, whereas I associate the Plasmatics w/midtown sleaze. Plus Harry is much easier on the eyes. And she made way better music, light and poppy as it was.

Were she still kicking, WOW would certainly send me home w/a story or two, sure. And I doubt she was anything like her aggressive stage persona. But I also suspect there might be have been some weird libertarian tendencies there (just a hunch, can't back this up), and that she was probably a good deal more introverted and less effervescent than Harry as a dining companion.