Oblivians

Not Crap
Total votes: 13 (87%)
Crap
Total votes: 2 (13%)
Total votes: 15

Band: The Oblivians

NOT CRAP.

Great lo-fi garage punk. Legendary if you ask me. And I was lucky enough to see their reunion show in Memphis two years ago. That's cool.
Christopher_Dragon wrote:Take all the Rod Stewart songs ever written and combine them and they would not provide me with a fraction of the joy I get from watching Ric Flair put someone in a figure four leg lock.

CRAP. I think they were pretty boring, but good at what they did. I just don't care much for it. They're nice folks, though. Waffle Factor of 8 for putting D'Lana Tunnell on a couple of album covers. Good god.
matthew wrote:His Life and his Death gives us LIFE.......supernatural life- which is His own life because he is God and Man. This is all straight Catholicism....no nuttiness or mystical crap here.

I'm pissed because I missed the Reigning Sound last night. I actually prefer them to the Oblivians. Greg Cartwright is a really nice guy to boot. I think he's a great songwriter.

The Oblivians, I think, are a lot of fun. The show in Memphis was at the Hi-Lo, correct? I don't remember...
Christopher_Dragon wrote:Take all the Rod Stewart songs ever written and combine them and they would not provide me with a fraction of the joy I get from watching Ric Flair put someone in a figure four leg lock.

Not Crap,

They were ok live, at least the night I saw them they weren't totally smoking. But the records are great. Well, great until they learned how to play, then not so much.

The banter on the live record is great: "We call this a solo"

When people were going nuts over the Coachwhips a few yrs back I was always like "People, you ain't heard of the Oblivians?"

TheeMajorMiller wrote:I'm pissed because I missed the Reigning Sound last night. I actually prefer them to the Oblivians. Greg Cartwright is a really nice guy to boot. I think he's a great songwriter.

I agree ... the Oblivians were good fun and I liked the records, but Reigning Sound are really, really great and the songs are superb. Too bad Greg Cartwright is stuck touring with the Detroit Cobras for the next few months ... damn, they are the most overrated band on god's green earth.

Mazec wrote:Man, I read about these guys in Maximum Rockn'Roll back when I was 15. Never managed to find a single recording of theirs, though.

Any MP3s online?

Mazec, I'm sure you can find the records in your p2p application of choice. Look for:

Oblivians:
Popular Favorites
Play 9 songs with mr quintron
Soul Food

Compulsive Gamblers:

Crystal Gazing, Luck Amazing

Reigning Sound:
Time Bomb High School
Too Much Guitar
Home for Orphans