Breakfast Burrito

Fuck you and the tortilla you rode in on, I just want my damned eggs.
Total votes: 3 (16%)
You need to wrap that shit up, b!
Total votes: 14 (74%)
Forget the food, I just like the Chappelle's Show reference above.
Total votes: 2 (11%)
Total votes: 19

Merging of cultures: the breakfast burrito.

Is it really just a simple handy dandy way to eat breakfast, or is it really just for people who can't clean their silverware on a regular basis? I like the breakfast burrito, but it pales in comparison to the bigassed plate of taters, eggs, bacon, peppers, beer (that's right, with breakfast), coffee (well, you can't get drunk at breakfast), toast, the whole motherloving shebang. I believe the first time I woke up at my girlfriend's I was treated to the bastardly little thing. It didn't even have churrizo. Churrizo's awesome. Breakfast burritos though...
This is going to get worse before it gets any better.

The only time I ate a "Breakfast Burrito" was after working a double shift at the UPS Air Hub at DFW International Airport during "peak season". I left work around 2.45 and had to catch a 7.00 flight to PHL.......on the drive home I was very hungry and stopped at Taco Cabana......the one off of the airport freeway for those of you who are familiar............It was a HUGE MEAL......two BIG gross, sloppy and nasty tortillas full of scrambled eggs, bacon, chorizo and other things....but I ate it anyway since I was starving..........I also missed my flight to Philly, but luckily I got onboard another that wasn't full at no extra expense the next morning and got in at a decent hour.

I think that breakfast burritos are:

1. a misnomer......hmm......but whatever....food is food is food.

2. something that should only be attempted at home.
Last edited by matthew_Archive on Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've had many breakfast burritos, and most of them were pretty much tasteless/bland. One thing I do like to do, on occasion, is eat scrambled eggs with salsa. Of corse, I'm biased. My favorite is the traditional farmer's type breakfast, but I reserve that for special occasions. Actually, I usually don't eat breakfast at all. I have to agree that chorizo is a tasty treat. Anyway, I'd have to say the breakfast burrito is crap. I'd be game to try one again if someone suggests a superior method of preparation...

I figure that if there's no churrizo, it damned well better be stuffed to the gills. When I make 'em I like to use the scrambled egg, the fried tater, onion, green and red or yellow pepper, colby jack, and finely chopped bacon (because you'd have to gnaw whole strips), and the important part: Picante sauce instead of salsa. I don't know how they are down south, but round Ohio I know they're two different things, salsa being all juice and a couple of chunks and picante sauce being just straight-assed chunky. If it's different here in MN, I haven't seen it yet.

The very most important of important things is that I also substitute a ham steak for a tortilla.

Shotgun-Charlie wrote:...salsa being all juice and a couple of chunks and picante sauce being just straight-assed chunky. If it's different here in MN, I haven't seen it yet.

Yeah, traditionally Minnesota's haven't been much for spice, or anything that seems remotely exotic at all. Except lutefisk. I'm originally from southern California. I make my own salsa from scratch. The way that I understand "picante" is that it designates a "hot" or "spicy" taste. I know that outside of areas that have a sizable Mexican cultural influence the whole salsa issue gets sketchy. Typically, you're going to find the real deal down in the states that border with Mexico... or from people who have lived in such an area.

Years ago Taco Cabana tried to enter the Minneapolis market (in Uptown, at the site across from Rainbow Foods that turned into an upscale Italian place and is now boarded up), and for six months one could have delicious scrambled-egg-and-bacon breakfast burritos all day and late into the evening.

I love The Breakfast Burrito.

Just about my favorite part of Austin, Texas, is The Breakfast Burrito.

Salut, The Breakfast Burrito. With scrambled eggs and potatoes, or scrambled eggs and bacon. I don't care what is and is not authentic. I Love The Breakfast Burrito.

NC.

:WF: Zero.

ironyengine wrote:
Shotgun-Charlie wrote:(well, you can't get drunk at breakfast)

Says you, buddy!

Jesus Christ, I actually wrote that? Well, what can I say? We've hit the 39 hour mark folks! Charlie so sleepy, yet, despite his best efforts, the Sandman doesn't come. In another 5 or 6 hours, I'll have a good excuse to whip up a breakfast burrito. And wish for my premature death as well.