Portishead?

Crap
Total votes: 15 (19%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 64 (81%)
Total votes: 79

Band: Portishead

Dummy came out when I was about 13 and was really the first record outside guitar rock I got into. Loved them with a passion all through my adolesence, haven't listened to them in a couple of years but due to enormous sentimental value I have to vote

NOT CRAP
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.

Band: Portishead

One of my fav bands of all time. The process which they make music is pretty interesting, record themselves jamming then get those rough recordings pressed onto vinyl and use them to chop up and build songs.
They have been working on a new record for about 5 years now from what I understand. I did hear some new songs on a bootleg of the Tsunami benefit show they played and they sound awesome, very different but still Portishead.
The fact they can flawlessly pull it off live is even cooler, the live DVD and record are just fantastic. The fact they all think it was a terrible show just boggles my mind. I read a review of a show where Black Sabbath played a suprise gig a few years back in a little club somewhere in England and she came out and sang 'Lord od this world' with them. I would stomp a puppy to death to be able to have been there.
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom