Richard Hawley

Crap (No votes)
Not Crap
Total votes: 6 (100%)
Total votes: 6

Artist: Richard Hawley

My girlfriend, she is crazy for the Coles Corner at the moment. I've developed a bit of a soft-spot for Ocean in particular. The slight rasp of Sheffield in the delivery, honest-to-Pete solidly good songwriting and Radio 2 of yore arrangements are really welcome and easing me through the cruellest of months. Not Crap.

Seems to be gaining quite a bit of ground by word of mouth too, I fully expect it'll sell bonkers amounts of copies before the year's out.

this album really suprised me. i had no idea what to expect from it, never heard any of his solo stuff before, just his work with Longpigs and Pulp. i love it though. think he might have picked up a few ideas from scott walker during Pulps We Love Life sessions
I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun.

anyone who doesn't own Longpigs 'Sun Is Often Out' should go and buy it, amazing album, amazing band live.

Richard Hawley though, from my 1 experience with the man is a miserable cunt. i got backstage many years ago ata longpigs gig, smoking weed n taking E's with the band, while he sat in the other room on his own. obviously this was just one night, he might be the cheeriest bloke ever normally, i just couldnt understand, specially at my young age, how anyone could get on stage and do what he just did, then not even smile about it

libertine wrote:
Richard Hawley though, from my 1 experience with the man is a miserable cunt.

that does come across abit on the album. in a good way though!
I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun.