Dead Child

owens wrote:
The band members aren't exactly metal guys (as has been discussed above)[/code]

How do you know?

Look up Maurice, find out what Dave pajo was doing before slint, fools.

It's somewhat understandable that the only frame of reference most of you people have is slint/papa m, or crain....but like connor pointed out, you all obviously dont know anything about these guys. They all were playing metal before "indie rock" existed.

Are you serious?

The only frame of reference we're using is the only music they've recorded and commercially released over the last 20 years.

This is my house owens, show some respect.
drew patrick wrote:Peripatetic will win.

Dead Child

Then I cite Solution Unknown and Brothers of Conquest that were both commercially released within the last 20 years as heavy heavy bands they were involved in...

Also...Maurice, Starman Jones (my personal favorite metal thing Tony and Todd were involved in!), Glasspack, Orange Telephone, the Party Girls, Lords, Activated Peat, Maximum Corpse, Crappy Nightmareville, Starkiller, Sapat, Phantom Family Halo, Verktum...

All were quite a bit different from the larger scale perception of folks like Dave, Tony, and Todd given their more popular bands...i.e. Aerial M/Papa M, Slint, The For Carnation, Shipping News, Retsin, Tara Jane O'Neil tours, etc. etc.

Crain wasn't exactly mellow either...nor was Tweez...

Dead Child

Also...being in Louisville and friends and bandmates with these dudes, we're trying to help provide a frame of reference...that's all, because we know not all of this was released nationally or whatever. But Louisville is still a great secret that has seemingly been forgotten post-95...just as good of shit, just less hype...

Dead Child

Peripatetic wrote:
Are you serious?

The only frame of reference we're using is the only music they've recorded and commercially released over the last 20 years.

1. the only music that you know about which was recorded in commercially released over the last 20 years.

2. Does anyone here really belive that people in bands only listen to the same kind of music that they play? What the fuck.

This is my house owens, show some respect.

c'mon geek it's just the internet.

FNCYA

[/quote]

Dead Child

owens wrote:2. Does anyone here really belive that people in bands only listen to the same kind of music that they play? What the fuck.

The fact that you would pose this question further proves the point of my orignal "Are you serious?" comment.

This:
owens wrote:How do you know?

Look up Maurice, find out what Dave pajo was doing before slint, fools.

It's somewhat understandable that the only frame of reference most of you people have is slint/papa m, or crain....but like connor pointed out, you all obviously dont know anything about these guys. They all were playing metal before "indie rock" existed.

was a stupid response to my initial post and to what was being discussed.

owens wrote:c'mon geek it's just the internet.

Respect owens, respect.
drew patrick wrote:Peripatetic will win.