Avril Lavigne?

Crap
Total votes: 33 (69%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 15 (31%)
Total votes: 48

Teen: Avril Lavigne

This new song is about how she doesn't like her boyfriend anymore because he wants to have sex with her. She's "not like that." She also rhymes "pants" with "ass."

That's just my interpretation, but I could be wrong. The song might be about how her friend wants to borrow one of her belts.

The way she sings, is that a Canadian accent?

I would naturally say crap, but then I heard Velvet Revolver.

complicated--no like

sk8r boi--no like

i'm with you--like very much

new song about being pawed by a young suitor--like. with both this song and 'iwy,' i find the music is quite good and the lyrics are serviceable enough. and i like her big flat canadian voice pretty well.

not crap! or at least the jury is still out.

I actually liked "Complicated". I wouldn't mind when it was on the radio. Good pop song.

"Sk8er Boi" - also, no like. Also, negative points for trying to distract us from the bad song with alternate spelling.

Haven't heard the new stuff - colour me skeptical. She seems like another creation to me. I will give her the benefit of the doubt, for a while.
So I guess, CRAP.

From what I understand, she started out in country music. yuck. I love in that one video where she busts that mirror. What a rebel. I'd be tempted to say that she's kinda cute, but my girlfriend (studies kung-fu) would probably hurt me. As for the songs... Pap for the masses. For radio play, I'd rather listen to Andre-3000 or an oldies station, or the CBC.

Angus Jung wrote:Dylan thinks she's maybe "just another creation"! Call the fire dept., he's out on a limb again!

Or maybe he was referring to ABC, Another Bad Creation.

Your sarcasm does me a disservice, good sir. But your pop culture reference made me laugh. What do I do about this?

Ha Ha! Midge likes Avril Lavigne!

yes yes, major fan

no no, i would just say: i think she deserves a 'wait and see.' there's something there. there's something in those two songs anyway. i don't know for sure that it's HER, but it's something. maybe it was just 'the matrix' on the first one.

of course, it's 'something' that i don't prefer to anything of which i am a full-blown fan. but it's something, there.

on the other hand, say, alanis morrissette, that's pretty much all her, i think, and it is completely excruciating

Run Around on Fire wrote:i whole-heartedly beleive avril is total CRAPola, but people who dis her constantly are equally annoying.

"HEY MAN! SHE'S NOT REAL PUNK!" yeah no kidding. way to shoot fish in a barrel. why don't people get this up-in-arms about, say, lenny kravitz?
hahaha I agree.

"OMGZ 4RI1L SUX3RZ LOLZ."