Bob Dylan
Total votes: 33 (33%)
Total votes: 99

Bob Dylan or Neil Young?

neil would say bob is better, duh

of course

this isn't a better/worse question

it's who you prefer that is the issue

i mean, i don't think fast times at ridgemont high is a BETTER movie than citizen kane. but if they're both playing on different screens in the same theater and i have to see one of them, i'm going to fast times.

but neil is better than bob, anyway, whether or not he would admit it. _rust never sleeps_, _zuma_, _tonight's the night_, and _after the gold rush_ are better than any bob dylan album except _blood on the tracks_. and _rust_ and _tonight's_ are as good as _blood on the tracks_. and i have heard every bob dylan album except _oh mercy_ and _shot of love_. so i am right, along with everyone who agrees with me. since i am right, and i have spoken, we might as well end the thread.

Bob Dylan or Neil Young?

i've never really been able to get into neil young. based on what i've read in other threads, i would expect at least some people are probably picking young based on their preference of his guitar tone to dylan's, that in itself i could see being enough, right?

i pretty much hate neil young's voice, granted i can't say dylan's is my favorite by any means, though, but i much prefer it. and i guess it's that i haven't heard the good neil young stuff, i've pretty much only heard his radio stuff. "keep on rockin in the free world" is enough to make me puke, for starters. oh wait, didn't he write some cool song about "let's roll" or something? yeah, crap crap crap fucking crap crap crap crap crap so fucking crap, it makes it really hard for me to even *want* to listen to his stuff that people are touting as awesome. and i know that he's probably got some truly awesome shit out there, to illicit the well-speak that i've seen him get here and in other threads... it's just a case of i can't even give him the chance that i imagine he deserves based on the super-crap nature of the terrible stuff i've heard from him. so even though i like some of his radio hits alright, i still hate some of the others with such a passion, my judgement must be clouded.

but i really shouldn't even be answering on this one. i'll prove myself a fool by saying that i think steve miller kills them both! and that's *including* abracadbra! ;)

Bob Dylan or Neil Young?

tmidgett wrote:neil would say bob is better, duh

but neil is better than bob, anyway, whether or not he would admit it. _rust never sleeps_, _zuma_, _tonight's the night_, and _after the gold rush_ are better than any bob dylan album except _blood on the tracks_. and _rust_ and _tonight's_ are as good as _blood on the tracks_. and i have heard every bob dylan album except _oh mercy_ and _shot of love_. so i am right, along with everyone who agrees with me. since i am right, and i have spoken, we might as well end the thread.

wow you're an idiot. blood on the tracks is hardly even dylans best album. not even top five in my opinion. so comparing all of neil youngs albums to one of bobs more over rated efforts is retarded. stop reading rolling stone magazine douchebag.

Bob Dylan or Neil Young?

Hey Moe Ron or whatever your name is,

Take it down a notch, pal. No need or use for name calling and the like.

Midge doesn't need anyone going to bat for him, but you're being pretty rude.

We all got opinions, just like we all got grandmas. You wouldn't want anyone calling your grandma names, now would you?

See? It's so easy!

Logic,
Ike

Bob Dylan or Neil Young?

somebody before said....
"If Bob Dylan was playing a concert in Boston, so what?"

thats just because bob dylan is constantly playing. he is always in a state of perpetual touring or preparing to do so. and cheers, i sort of enjoy the fact that i have seen bob dylan play a couple times in my life.

some might call this a work ethic????? and hes well in his 60's by the by.

fair is fair, i actually would say thou' that neil young NOW puts on a better live show than dylan does currently. on the other hand thou' while i adore neil young i never felt like his music could move mountains the way dylans can.
maytheforcesofevilbecomeconfusedonthewaytoyourhouse

Bob Dylan or Neil Young?

I fucking Hate Bob Dylan.

I don't say it very often cause there are all these simps who will jump down my throat. I don't feel like arguing with people because there are so many that revere the ground he walks on (old roomates, ex-flames, co-workers). Whatever. He fucking eats it. Listening to his shitty voice makes me want to vomit.

Young's voice sounds like honey and occasionally makes me eyes well up. His guitar harmonics are unreal and he can still rock out/play something heart wrenching and toggle between the two.

Stop being an ass, Moe Ron. "The midge" is a monolith of credibility and rational discourse over here and he takes a good ribbing just like any well adusted person.

Fuck your bob dylan.

Neil Young.

Faiz