Blondie: Crap/Not Crap?

Crap.
Total votes: 4 (15%)
Not Crap.
Total votes: 22 (85%)
Total votes: 26

band: blondie

Blondie were a fine rock band, but their newer stuff is not so good. Still, they are easily NOT CRAP. "X-Offender" is one of my favorite songs ever; it's the roller-rink organ that gets me.
matthew wrote:His Life and his Death gives us LIFE.......supernatural life- which is His own life because he is God and Man. This is all straight Catholicism....no nuttiness or mystical crap here.

I don't think I like them. They have a few good songs but far more that aren't good. The drumming is good. They played math-disco for chrissakes! (not sure if this is a good thing..)

Maybe I need a better reference point other than Eat to the Beat, Heart of Glass, Hanging on the Telephone, etc....

I am 60/40 on them being CRAP.

Good, for a cover band.

CRAP.

(So my wife worked at a comme des garcons store in chelsea, the one with the tube and the walls, yadda yadda yadda. There's no sign, but the front door is this stainless steel tube thing. It's hard to miss. Art and shit. Verizon had a garage/repair dispatch station next door.

One day, my wife is working, and one of the employees comes in to start her shift and says, "I think I saw Debbie Harry in the Verizon garage, opening up a van." My wife said, "Get the fuck out of here." No one wants to believe that Debbie Harry is in the Verizon garage, but the employee becomes more and more sure of her observation as they continue the discussion of what the fuck Debbie Harry would be doing in the Verizon garage.

The door guy says, "Fuck this, I'm going to the Verizon garage." He comes back thirty seconds later and says, "Debbie Harry is looking at cables and phone shit on the loading dock in the Verizon garage."

The entire staff abandons the store and runs to the Verizon garage. Sure enough, Debbie Harry is in the Verizon garage, wandering among the service vans.

One of my wife's coworker's yells into the garage, "DEBBIE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Debbie looks up and says, "Shopping."

The coworker yells back, "I DON'T THINK YOU CAN SHOP IN THIS GARAGE. DO YOU WANT TO COME NEXT DOOR TO COMME DES GARCONS?"

Debbie says, "This isn't Comme des Garcons?"

"I'M SORRY, IT'S NOT. IT'S THE PHONE COMPANY."

"Yeah. It is."

So the staff led Debbie Harry to the Comme des Garcons store. I guess she bought shoes.)